Warning Not to Use E15 Gas in Your Car

do you honestly thing it just E-10 in that other pump? how about that what is labeled as gas doesn't contain large amounts of etoh? I have all ready talked about them sell 85 octane here and they also sell 85 octane that contains 10% etoh. the fact that it voids your cars standards is not a problem to EPA they have a flex fuel fleet you bought them and your paying for there gas.

I'm reminded of when a systems analyst-type told my work group that he didn't need to know anything about my job in order to tell me how to do it better.:blahblah:

E-85 in cars?

In the past, I used the highest octane I could in Queen Victoria to keep the valve chatter down. I know doing so meant using Ethanol. She has sat for several years and now I think I will stick to conventional non alcoholic based fuels and use a Lucas product (can't think of what it is) to help quiet things. And, I will drive her very gently.

E-85

And another thing. Although I live in the buckle of the grain belt; ethanol plants are not too far away, I do have some vintage lawn equipment and again, all mechanics say never put the ethanol stuff in lawn mowers as it will greatly shorten the engine life. I think they're beginning to find out that ethanol isn't the wonder fuel everyone thought it was; someone told me it takes several gallons of water just to produce one gallon of fuel, and water is something we cannot take for granted.

the corn based Alcohol process used a few million gallons a day. they have to be vary careful were they put one so the water supply is there. a gal and half of petroleum goes in to producing a gal of Ethanol. the more you put in gasoline the more petroleum products are used not save. so the idea of the more we use of it the more we reduce our dependency on oil is just about a phony as those big white slow moving blades don't kill eagles. that the few coal fired power plans today put out more green house gas the all the homes factories and steam trains boats etc did in the 1800's, that domestic cows farting produces more gas then herds of free roaming Bison stretched as far as the eye could see going past for days. junk science is all it is. poorly though out with no idea the consequences. by people that think if everyone would just do as I say the word would be at peace with it's self. I wonder how much green house gas a dinosaur would produce?

In metro Detroit some BP stations are selling a 90 octane gasoline that is Ethanol free for powersports and lawn equipment, usually a separate pump. Might bear some looking into.

In metro Detroit some BP stations are selling a 90 octane gasoline that is Ethanol free for powersports and lawn equipment, usually a separate pump. Might bear some looking into.

I thought that the entire state of Michigan was ethanol free. that the way it was last Feb. at the micro meet don't tell me that let it in. I could get 23 mpg on the avalanche with gas I got there.

No, actually there is a lot of Ethanol around here. It used to be a state law that pumps had to be posted as such but I think that has been changed. The only place I see the Ethanol stickers is at Sunoco stations.

From what I'm told Shell gasoline does not contain Ethanol at least in my area.

better look again shell in this part of the country is all ethanol. in fact some is 81 octane pumped up to 85 with 10%. my favorite stop in Valentine Nb were we use to get good gas when that way. the avalanche gets 15 mpg on that stuff.

so now has any one wrote there congressman about your feelings on this stuff. or do we just back up and take it like a man

Back