3-Way Table

Dan is the man! Just a couple more questions, and (I hope!) I will have a firm grasp on how it all works...

The shuttle itself...is it a roller, or just a guide? Maybe a top-hat shaped roller so it can't lift out of the tracks?

What's on the front of the table to engage the catch/head; that is, to lock the table in place or guide it out to the left or right in the curved / partially upholstered tracks?

I can't help but think I'm over complicating this, since you said, "The Superiors have 2 plates on the bottom with rollers.One is like a guide and other is the pivot point", but...

I'm picturing 4 parts under the table, from front to back: 1.) a "button" to engage the catch, 2.) front roller, 3.) rear roller, and 4.) the shuttle.

Table

The weight of the table and the bolt that goes through the table and screws into the shuttle that is moved by the acme screw is all that holds it in place.

Attachments

• DSC06293.jpg
    DSC06293.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC06285.jpg
    DSC06285.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC08240.jpg
    DSC08240.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 228
Thanks again Dan!

I also found the patent for this type of table; somebody may find this useful one day:

http://www.google.com/patents/US2141092

Is the center-to-center distance between the two rollers standard for all tables and does anyone have a measurement? I might experiment with some roller skate wheels and plywood, etc. until I can find a table!

Hi everyone; just giving this one a quick bump since I've had zero luck locating a casket table. Frequent eBay and Craigslist searches haven't yielded anything. Do you have any recommendations on where to look? Is there a different term used for a casket table? Thanks again for the help!

Just another kick on this one...although I'm in Texas, my pride & joy's at the paint & body shop so I won't make the PCS meet in Houston. If anyone knows or hears about a casket table or components up for grabs, please let me know. Thanks!

Back