Windshield weatherstripping

Since I've never owned a `50s Pontiac, I'm unsure if a hearse windshield is a comparable height as any normal car that came off the factory line.
I will need to replace both the front windshield seal as well as the rear door seal on a `54 Superior.
I am told by another member the `54s were based on the station wagon and not a sedan delivery. Although I did hear that possibly a convertable chassis was used for the extra strength. Can any Pontiac experts jump in here and give me a direction to steer in?

Rear window
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/Rick65Cat/1954 Pontiac Hearse/1954SuperiiorCoach.jpg

Front windshield
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/Rick65Cat/1954 Pontiac Hearse/rightfront.jpg

The windshield is a standard front car glass. The rear door however, it is anyones guess. Best thing to do with that is to look for a makers mark (logo) in the lower right or left hand corner. If it is LOF, then it might be the same glass as the sedan delivery door and glass. If not, then it is a mystery to solve as to where the glass was sourced from. What I would do is to check the original "trim tag" that is located on the firewall. Take a close up picture of it, so yo can clearly see the information. Then find a 1954 Pontiac factory service manual, and figure out what the numbers mean. Usually you can find the decoding information in the front of the book. The only thing that it won't tell you is what the acc codes are.
Paul

Looking at the fire wall where the regulator is bottom right corner, is that a tag?

No....

Look under the dash on the inside firewall, and also high on the drivers side kick panel. I don't remember exactly where they were installed in all the cars. Possibly if you head over to the Pontiac website, they can give you better guidance in this instance.

on the 53 it's on the top of the cowl passengers side. the id tag is on the front door "windshield" post drivers side. standard glass in the front I would bet sedan delivery door in the rear . with out looking and comparing I would bet Chevy for 54. but could be the older door 48 to 53 they used a lot of the sedan delivery rear doors on these conversions as they were easily obtained from GM with the frame. there is a man selling glass on e-bay that has the grommets. his price is as cheap as any I have found. just put in windshield 54 pon and it should come up. that's the same engine in my 53. a real smooth runner

Attachments

• IMG_3906.jpg
    IMG_3906.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5263.jpg
    IMG_5263.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 182
Back