adjusting lights

I have this old set of Hoppe headlight adjusters. and we got to use them again today. simple tool mostly for gotten now that you don't do that. if your interested the pictures are here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2013-03-05/18:11:14 guess I caught that one in the middle. back up a few pictures and it might make more since.

WOW Ed,
That 69 is AWESOME !!!:thumbsup:
You did a FANTASTIC job to say the least......She is a show winner for sure...!!!
YOU and the "Owner" should be very proud !!!!!:applause:
And thanks for all the technical info and pictures.....very intresting..and the way you do it makes it seem like anyone can do it(yea right)......

the big thing with then is to get them calabrated and your floor slope figured out then mark them were they should be. if you don't have the adjusters I can lone you mine to calabrate them. they are really easy to use. but some tig that is forgotten now that one size fit all with new lights.

I have this old set of Hoppe headlight adjusters. and we got to use them again today. simple tool mostly forgotten now that you don't do that. if your interested the pictures are here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2013-03-05/18:11:14 guess I caught that one in the middle. back up a few pictures and it might make more since.

I havent seen any like this, are they new? They look like they would be better than what I use. I have a couple old adjusters that work good, not sure what brand but they are yellow, and you have to hold them to the light. You start by putting them on the ground to calibrate the slope by turning the knob, then when they are on the light you just adjust until the bubble is in the correct spot. It will only adjust the vertical, you still have to guess on side to side. I have one for the round headlights and one for the rectangle.

I have this old set of Hoppe headlight adjusters. and we got to use them again today. simple tool mostly forgotten now that you don't do that. if your interested the pictures are here http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2013-03-05/18:11:14 guess I caught that one in the middle. back up a few pictures and it might make more since.

Ed,
I noticed in your pictures that you had a photo of hood insulation for 69-70 from Melennium Industries.....I need to order some also and I was wondering if you are happy with the stuff ??
There are a few differant ones available and I odered some last year for my 60 Cadillac and it was not very good...seemed a little to thin....
Please let me know what you think about yours...thanks
Jim

we tossed this one it was torn at every fold. when I got it out of the package it looked like maybe but it fell apart as I tried to put it on. get one from the boys at Fusick 860-623-1589 iI have gotten 3 from them and they were good

John the Hopppy system came out in the 70's they were a big change from the sweep spot adjusters on the rail. I had a set of the hand held one used them till I got these.

Always wanted a set of those. I usually end up doing it at night, in the middle of the road, with a large piece of cardboard as the target.

that works to then if people keep flashing at you you turn them down a notch. I only wish people that have to cruse around with there fog lights on would do the same. one can find a set of these on E-bay I haven't looked in awhile for any pieces but there were a number of them there the last time I checked. like car parts it has proven a good way to get tools also.

Back