Cot bar disassembly

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I would like to disassemble the cot bar for one of my cars, and have it replated. Has anyone ever taken one apart, and gotten it back together again and have it working? If so, any suggestions or tips? thanks

Paul I took the one out of my 53 Henney ambulance and had it replated when I first got the car 8 or 9 years ago. I reassembled it and installed it back in the car 6 months ago. It works perfectly. LABEL EACH AND EVERY PIECE INCLUDING BOLTS, SCREWS,PINS,
ETC., ETC. TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES DURING DISASSEMBLY. And most important, put it back together AS SOON AS YOU GET IT BACK. I said NOW. Gene

s

All I know, is if you use graphite to lubricate the moving parts watch that stuff,it is very messy,and as stated previously, label parts we do annual maintenance on our cots and bars and have learned that the hard way..

not vary many moving parts in there. all the screws are removed from the out side if I recall right. I have to relearn every time I take one apart. getting the handle off that one will be the hardest part. brass rod in the brass handle. as i recall ever thing slides out the front once you get the screws out and the handle off. buy the way the bumper is all thats left.

I would like to disassemble the cot bar for one of my cars, and have it replated. Has anyone ever taken one apart, and gotten it back together again and have it working? If so, any suggestions or tips? thanks

Paul,

I have an extra one we can take apart together. I'd also like to see what's inside.

Back