68 M-M Ambulance

That flooring in back can't be original, I have never seen a M-M or any other 60s-70s rig of any make with that type of flooring, it looks like a modern kitchen inlaid floor type pattern...not something from the late 1960s. I thought ambulances from the 60s and 70s always, or at least almost always got the famous (and now no longer available) Armstrong Colonial branded linoleum floorings due to lack of any other options available back in that era.

Also, it shows how stark an M-M ambulance looks, with its lack of tunnel lights or Ful-Vues, it almost looks naked! The M-Ms always looked super "round" to me, not in keeping with GM's "squared off" styling that Superior kept up with, and matched (until 1974).

Unfortunately for Superior, their major 1971 re-design was their last. They continued mounting the same bodies on every single GM chassis until their demise prior to the 1977 GM downsize.

I would agree in that it looks to have been replaced, but not a big deal to replace. The important part, the upholstery, looks 100% original and looks to be in pristine condition.

There several were other patterns of Armstrong flooring used as well. I love the look of the Colonial pattern in green, but can's say that I have ever seen it used in an ambulance.

Last bid was 10/26/16 went to 16k RESERVE NOT MET. From the fact no more bids after 10/26 would seem it stalled there. Seller then pulled it today my guess for a private sale. It will be interesting to see where it pops up.

Congratulations to the new owner! I will say it again, even at the Buy It Now price, that ambulance looked like a bargain to me!

That flooring in back can't be original, I have never seen a M-M or any other 60s-70s rig of any make with that type of flooring, it looks like a modern kitchen inlaid floor type pattern...not something from the late 1960s. I thought ambulances from the 60s and 70s always, or at least almost always got the famous (and now no longer available) Armstrong Colonial branded linoleum floorings due to lack of any other options available back in that era.

My '67 originally had the Colonial classic pattern, replaced by a modern linoleum but my '66 have another Armstrong pattern easier to replace a kinda white and silver rocks pattern.

Floor

My '67 originally had the Colonial classic pattern, replaced by a modern linoleum but my '66 have another Armstrong pattern easier to replace a kinda white and silver rocks pattern.

Not the best pic ,from a 66 sales book.

Attachments

• DSC01331.jpg
    DSC01331.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 249
Might be the missing one, my '70 M-M had those shell like design. Here is the '66, more like grandma's bathroom kind of stones?

Back