Drapes???

My 74 is ready for paint as soon as we get some warm dry weather. In the mean time my wife is starting on new drapes. The originals were a light silver-blue and have faded to a dirty white and the rear window drape has been chewed up by a cow! Apparently when the dealer had the car he washed the drapes and dried them on a fence where his neighbor's cow was and the next morning he found them missing and looked around to find the cow chewing on said drapes. Fortunately, old Bessie, only got a hold of the ones for the rear door and so I have good drapes for patterns on the sides and my parts car had the rear drapes in tact. We have found some material that is very close in pattern and color. My wife's only concern is the angled cut on the end with the snaps. She seems to think that it will be much simpler to make them square. So I would like to get some advise......Is it worth putting the angle and snaps on them or are the airline style drapes going to work out alright with strait panels?

Thanks In Advance,
James

will now this all depends on whether you want the drapes to fit or not. if you can stand every time she goes out to the car looks at them and says, why didn't you tell me I needed to cut them at a angle to have them fit.

take the old one out that you are using for the pattern and test fit them. then you can see if the angle is necessary. your not hanging them on a room your snaping them in the car. trust me when I tell you if superior could have saved a square inch of material they would have.

As ED said, Superior would have done them straight if they would have worked that way. As for the snaps, you can mark them in the location needed and a tent and awning can punch them in with no problem for less than a buck a piece.

Back