Why to keep a fire extinguisher handy...

So, what is you best guess as to what happened? Was it something that was done during the the oil change or was it an existing problem and it just happened to "go off" at this moment?

nothing done in a normal Oil change would do this. fuel has sprayed out of a leaking fitting some were. you see the fire ball roll up from under the air housing and it continues to burn from behind it. the car is toast in that short of a time. he shut it off but the last thing you see is the headlights come on as the wire harness gets burnt threw.

I have see this happen with a electrical fire to . the shop I was working at cleaned a engine on a trade in . I came by 15 minutes after they were done for coffee and saw smoke rolling out from under the hood. I was able to dose it with water while one of the other guys unhooked the battery. the hot wire going back to the end gate glass had got the grease cleaned off and as it dried it shorted out on the fire wall.

I Had an oil filter blow up after an oil change. It hosed the engine compartment with oil. Faulty inards on the filter. That does look like a fuel fire on the vid

Back