Back up light lens for '73 MM Lifeliner

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
Can anyone point me in the direction of a source for replacement back up light lenses for my '73 MM Lifeliner? They are Guide lights model number
68 SAE R71A. I'm sure they are/were a standard GM product.

I've done many searches and nothing comes up close.

Thanks.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a source for replacement back up light lenses for my '73 MM Lifeliner? They are Guide lights model number
68 SAE R71A. I'm sure they are/were a standard GM product.

I've done many searches and nothing comes up close.

Thanks.

Why not post a picture?

Back Up Lights

Pic. I do not think anyone reproduces this.

Attachments

• DSC06980.jpg
    DSC06980.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 185
That's it.

Thanks Daniel for posting a pic. That is indeed the lens I'm looking for...actually 2 of them if possible.

same. they used that light in all the cut out bumpers. 70 to 73. so we know it's a standard light out of something else GM made. what is it. license plate light or back up out of what. I don't see GM tooling for a light if they had one they could just make the bumper fit and add the plastic surround bezel. if they had made one it would have fit the bumper better.
the number suggested it's a 68 light.

they used that light in all the cut out bumpers. 70 to 73. so we know it's a standard light out of something else GM made. what is it. license plate light or back up out of what. I don't see GM tooling for a light if they had one they could just make the bumper fit and add the plastic surround bezel. if they had made one it would have fit the bumper better.
the number suggested it's a 68 light.

John the bezel is die cast, here is a pic of all the pieces involved on a 72.

Attachments

• DSC06982.jpg
    DSC06982.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02340.jpg
    DSC02340.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC02344.jpg
    DSC02344.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02346.jpg
    DSC02346.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 134
1968 Camaro Lens?

Well, I have found these that seem very close although the Guide number is not the same. They're from a 1968 Camaro.

Does anyone have a Guide brand catalogue?

Attachments

• 1968 Camaro back up light.jpg
    1968 Camaro back up light.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 1968 Camaro back up light ebay.jpg
    1968 Camaro back up light ebay.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 150
they look close. just not as deep a box. one would have to compare them side by side to see if it could be used. the housings are differnt. a old gm parts book is what you need to look up the number. gm was big on adding a tab or a knock out and changing numbers. so who know what what could fit. I swear that the 71 superior I had was plastic on the Bezel. it was pealing chrome anyway. but that's been a while ago. like everything else on these cars it's subject to change from one year to the next.

Thankes Ed. I'm just looking for replacement lenses at this point. Mine are OK for now but have distorted over the years due to heat it seems so they'd look better replaced.

GM number and use

OK...I found that there is another number on the lens...5964519. Apparently these back-up light lenses were used for all 1970 Cadillacs except for the Eldorado and 1971 to 1973 CC Cadillacs.

No other use by GM apparantly so finding them on another vehicle may be tough.

Back