It's Home

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Tonight I picked up my 1970 Cotner Bevington Seville Combination at Maple-Cotton Funeral Home in Kensington, Ohio. The car has just slightly over 52,000 original miles. It is equipped a Federal model 173 Beacon Ray and I received a spare beacon ray as well. There is a Federal model 28 under the hood. Both landau bars, ambulance grills with clamps not suction cups, oxygen rack, tank and regulator. There was a full mask and a nasal cannula. A skeleton rack, sales brochures, porcelain emesis basin, several rolls of ekg paper, cot, linen, pillow, bier pins and that is what I have found so far. Oh and a stethescope and a working Motorola Motrac radio.:smileflag: Oh yes I forgot a Lifepack 5, Laerdal suction and a foot pump suction.

Ron

Always a great thing welcoming a new baby into the family.

All the best with it ! See it at the meet this summer.

Darren

P.S. I'm expecting a new baby in the next 6 or so weeks too !
Waiting for Richard to have the snow shipped to him... and the salt too
before my baby makes the long drive home.

More,More,More

So I went back out to the garage after a quick dinner. Also in my treasure hunt were several soft collars, air splints, ladder splints and board splints. Not only does the regulator on the E cylinder work it revealed a full bottle and another porcelain emesis basin. Another thing I forgot to mention that came with the car.........another parts car!

Congratulations Ron, can't wait to see it in Hudson! Sounds as if it has just about all of its original equipment and then some. Hope you have fun with your new toy!

So I went back out to the garage after a quick dinner. Also in my treasure hunt were several soft collars, air splints, ladder splints and board splints. Not only does the regulator on the E cylinder work it revealed a full bottle and another porcelain emesis basin. Another thing I forgot to mention that came with the car.........another parts car!

WOW> The deal you got just keeps getting better and better. Is the parts car "normal" or a pro car?

WOW> The deal you got just keeps getting better and better. Is the parts car "normal" or a pro car?

It is just a "normal" 88 Royale. BUT with the C/B being the Seville combination it utilized things like standard front and rear doors on the sides and most of the chrome and maybe the windshield is the same. One thing I was noticing about the car last night was the interior is flawless. She needs a really good internal cleaning but no big deal, that is one of the things I enjoy doing.

Ron, Congrats again on your new arrival. Looking forward to seeing it. Next thing you know, you'll probably find a patient in there because it looks to me that is the only thing that didn't come with this one. What a great find!

Brag Brag Brag. You Ohio people are so full of it. Congratulations are in order Ron on your outstanding find. I can't wait to see it at the meet this summer.

Congradulations Ron! I know how excited you must be to finally get her home. Now if only mine would just come home too. I'm starting to think it doesn't want to leave your place.

Josh

Glad it's in your driveway...even better with all of the extras. Must have been one very crowded rear compartment! Can't wait to see it in March.

Bill

Congradulations Ron! I know how excited you must be to finally get her home. Now if only mine would just come home too. I'm starting to think it doesn't want to leave your place.

Josh

You know it is funny you say that. Yesterday a drove the brown car to a friends for an overnight stay till the new one can leave for the mechanic today. Not to worry she was still sleeping in a heated garage. But that brown car drives so nice and is soooooo pretty I was thinking to my self "why the hell did you sell this?"

Is this a light metallic blue car with a dark blue roof? I believe that I saw this car last summer down in Loudonville at Burgess Ambulance Sales sitting on the grass near the building. I took photos of it at the time and thought what a nice and apparantly complete unit it was. If this is the car you bought, congratulations! It's a real keeper and loooked as if it didn't need all that much work.

You know it is funny you say that. Yesterday a drove the brown car to a friends for an overnight stay till the new one can leave for the mechanic today. Not to worry she was still sleeping in a heated garage. But that brown car drives so nice and is soooooo pretty I was thinking to my self "why the hell did you sell this?"
You might be thinking why the hell did you sell it, but look at what you got out of it. A beautiful new pro car that you have dreamed of owning for a long long time. I'd say it was worth it. Cant wait to see it in person.

Josh

better check those rear doors. CB altered them a lot. vary suttle but no way you could just swap from a doner 88. the front door is just the upper glass frame. the front end assy will be the same as most of the the other mechanical components. springs are different. first thing to do is get it up on the hoist and check the floor out. they added a angle brace on the back of the rear floor that is prone to traping stuff. the only major damage on mine was there. it runs all across the floor and is open on both ends. you get a chance to find out how they stowed the jack in yours. I could not figure out were it went in the 72.
but now that you have a real car what you going to do with all those others?

Is this a light metallic blue car with a dark blue roof? I believe that I saw this car last summer down in Loudonville at Burgess Ambulance Sales sitting on the grass near the building. I took photos of it at the time and thought what a nice and apparantly complete unit it was. If this is the car you bought, congratulations! It's a real keeper and loooked as if it didn't need all that much work.

Keith, here ya go from the original post on buying this Olds...

attachment.php

Im thinking why the hell did you buy it????

Back