1965 Cadillac Carter AFB Carburetor Part Needed

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I need the fitting that threads into the rear of the Carter AFB carburetor as used on the 1965 Cadillac Limo. The one that was in the carburetor, has had its threads cross threaded where the steel line threads into it. Since I wasn't the person that removed the carburetor from the engine, I have only a guess as to what that steel line hooks up to, and I believe that is the vacuum modulator. Please look at the picture below, and let me know if the steel line is the correct length, and if you might have the larger threaded fitting that I need. If this steel line is the proper length, then I can reuse it with the replacement fitting. Thanks for your assistance to getting this car back on the road.

Attachments

• MVC-017L.JPG
    MVC-017L.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 284
  • MVC-018L.JPG
    MVC-018L.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 278
I may have one in the junk drawer. 1/4 inch pipe three as I recall. So why is it always the fitting never the flair that gets damage? One would think it is most likely the vacuum modulator and should have been tubing all the way

It is a hard line down to the modulator and a short rubber piece from the line to the modulator.

Attachments

• 20170823_185459.jpg
    20170823_185459.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 199
  • 20170823_185536.jpg
    20170823_185536.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 191
A 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 is essentially a 1964 Cadillac and some parts do not interchange between the two years but this part might be the same between them. It also looks exactly like that used with the Rochester carburetor.

If your other sources fail, I have one at my Oregon shop and possibly even the steel line from a 1965 and I also have a 1965 Carter carburetor that was rebuilt and used slightly before I replaced it with a Rochester just so all my 1965s would have the same kind! It may need some "freshening" especially if the accelerator pump has dried out but otherwise looks excellent and was working perfectly when removed.

Thanks, the part showed up last week along with the correct modulator steel line.

Back