New Coach Builder in Alexandria LA

I know there is a company in Warsaw, IN that built something very similar as far as a coach. I believe their name is Image Coaches. It would take one heck of a garage to house one. I just wish someone would come out with a more affordable chassis, like maybe the Buick Enclave. A removal cot fits fine, and a standard casket does to if you dont mind the passenger seat moved up a bit. I am not sure what some builder(s) were thinking when they came out with the Mercedes. The dealers wanted something more economical, not more expensive.

Rich

I know there is a company in Warsaw, IN that built something very similar as far as a coach. I believe their name is Image Coaches. It would take one heck of a garage to house one. I just wish someone would come out with a more affordable chassis, like maybe the Buick Enclave. A removal cot fits fine, and a standard casket does to if you dont mind the passenger seat moved up a bit. I am not sure what some builder(s) were thinking when they came out with the Mercedes. The dealers wanted something more economical, not more expensive.

Rich

The 6 door hearses (or 4 door with about the same stretch) have been avalible from a few coachbuilders since at least the mid 90s You mentioned Image coaches in Warsaw, although not 6 door cars, they were stretched enough to have a back seat and come in at an overall length of 273.5 inches, so just under 23 feet. (this info taken from a 2001 brochure I have from Image Coach) I dont think the 6 door coaches really run much, if any, longer, since usually the third door is in the casket compartment.
Federal, krystal, Image, & Superior are a few of the common coachbuilders that have built these, Im sure there are more.

Anyone else wonder if Jimmie DeRamus is involved in this company? It says that the company is located in Alexandria LA, and I know that Jimmie also lives in Alexandria. I recall having a discussion a year or 2 ago about other companies building similar coaches.

http://www.thememorypicture.com/index.html

Josh

The estimated population of Alexandria LA is 131,613... I guess that Jimmie isn't the only person in Alexandria.......:yum:

It sounds like this outfit is looking for manufacturers to build these vehicles they claim to have patents for, but it's hard to tell w/ the grammatical errors and sketchy information. Odd that a "copyright 2012" website would show a generation-old Yukon and a Buick (yeah that thing IS hideous) that was last produced in 1990. Did anyone else notice the apparent missing trim along the lower edge of the vinyl top? Reminds me of the missing trim on the Whitney Houston hearse!

I agree that the Buick is a bit odd (to say the least),

BUT...

I was also thinking that as odd as it is, I wouldn't mind driving something like that. That has to literally be a one of a kind vehicle. Not sure what a reasonable price would be, but I would definitely pick that up at a reasonable price. Bring on the oddness!

Well seeings how I picked up my Buick 8 years ago for 1500 it would have to be real reasonable. Glen Stewart has these patents. They were awarded to him in 1999. He doesn't have a master coachbuilder cert. So I doubt any respectable FH would purchase from him.

Back