Superior Door scripts

Brendan Martin

PCS Member
Does anybody have these or know where I might find a couple? Thanks, Brendan.

Attachments

• Superior script.jpg
    Superior script.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 168
Poked around last night and this morning trying to find a closer parts car than either '63 is to meet your timeline. Well, I didn't find one nearer to me...but I found a '64 Superior Royale limo combination 100 miles away from you! When's your next day off? ;)

Check out ambulance/bumper step on combination.

64sup20.jpg

64sup20b.jpg

64sup20d.jpg

Doesn't look like fender molding is in place.

they are on the center and rear doors. they were used for the name tag for the original owners of the car. you pull them off and there is a hollow spot to put the card in. I'm not up on them enough to know the years they were used but I don't think they were on the 66. it would have been nice to have found that 64 when we were looking for moldings. it has all we needed. the step on these is screwed to the bumper. what I wounder is why they did not put more of them on. it a good find though.

Attachments

• IMG_11175 a.jpg
    IMG_11175 a.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 120
they are on the center and rear doors. they were used for the name tag for the original owners of the car. you pull them off and there is a hollow spot to put the card in. I'm not up on them enough to know the years they were used but I don't think they were on the 66. it would have been nice to have found that 64 when we were looking for moldings. it has all we needed. the step on these is screwed to the bumper. what I wounder is why they did not put more of them on. it a good find though.

I didn't have these on my '66, '67. '72, '73 or '75 Superiors

Door bling

I saw one of these pieces of plastic, just yesterday. It was on the dash of a 1966 Cadillac Crown, and it was a variation. Square in design, with the words "Built especially for" embossed into it and then the name of the owners of the coach are inserted into a slot into this device on a card, like Ed suggests. I think I am going to check into having some of these made. Fun project! I would like some made for my Superiors. Quite nice piece of plastic, looks like it would catch on everything and did not attach very smart, just two screws. Next time I go by the car again, I will take a picture if I get the owners O.K.

Prototype

I did not want to get ahead of myself by putting any posts up in this thread. I have already done one prototype and wanted to have the picture to post. So far what I have done was to purchase two pieces of flat brass sheet stock from the hardware store, had a pilot hole drilled in each end of the 2X8 inch plates and have had them chrome plated. The next step, I partnered with a graphic artist that has a decal business. He bought me some of the clear plastic vinyl, like the stuff they use for oil change sticker reminders. Typically applied to the upper corner of your winshield. We were not sure how thick, or if it needed to be encapsulated or reverse side printed. After testing the adhesion of the product for almost a year, he did a one side printing on the thinnest gauge vinyl stock and now I have adhered it to the plate. Technically they are called static decals, because they wipe on and are reusable, which is one of my prerequisites. Final to the project I am looking for the dimensionally appropriate Cadillac crest to bond onto one end of the plate. First herald was to small. I will post pictures next couple days. I had made a 3X12 "Superior" "coach" on vinyl for our rear door trim out of the same decal vinyl, both were printed in black and brown to try and blend into the interior. Hard to photograph clear on chrome.

Poked around last night and this morning trying to find a closer parts car than either '63 is to meet your timeline. Well, I didn't find one nearer to me...but I found a '64 Superior Royale limo combination 100 miles away from you! When's your next day off? ;)

Check out ambulance/bumper step on combination.

64sup20.jpg

64sup20b.jpg

64sup20d.jpg

Doesn't look like fender molding is in place.

Thanks for finding this Atti! I may be able to get up there in a week or two. The weather went from 75-80 back down to average New England for this time of year. I will keep you posted. Once again thanks to everyone who responded, for your help.

Originally Posted by Brendan Martin
Does anybody have these or know where I might find a couple? Thanks, Brendan

I could use 2 of these also if anyone runs into extras. My 62 has these and a few other crown emblems thru out the coach.I think the headliner had some gold outline on it and has disappeared with age.

Attachments

• 62 back.jpg
    62 back.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC07941.jpg
    DSC07941.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC07943.jpg
    DSC07943.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC07944.jpg
    DSC07944.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC07946.jpg
    DSC07946.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 50
Thought I had posted or emailed this before Daniel, but here is what your headliner should look like.

dsc06667q.jpg

Not too worried about getting OT as I already helped Brendan out. :p

Back