1959 Memphian

James Fischer

PCS Member
This car is about 2 miles from me,if anyone wants me to check it out for them.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959...Commercial_Trucks&hash=item19ddfb2ad5&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqF,!qMFGmdERF2DBRvUDgdIpQ~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:
Someone really needs to save this one! Have never seen another '59 Mercury by Memphis or any other manufacturer. My garage is already full, so it looks like you're up, James!

Interesting to note from the interior photos that Memphis Coach also used the "dog bone" interior fabric in '59, as did Comet Coach and S&S (and who knows how many others). Every time I see that another coach builder used this stuff, it increases my hope that a roll of it buried somewhere in the inventory of an old upholstery shop, and that it surfaces while I am still able to purchase and use it.

Attachments

• Comet 26.jpg
    Comet 26.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 275
Kurt, while I have to agree, that is a rare car that needs to be saved. Having said that, man that looks like a lot of work.

Last edited:
Someone really needs to save this one! Have never seen another '59 Mercury by Memphis or any other manufacturer. My garage is already full, so it looks like you're up, James!

Interesting to note from the interior photos that Memphis Coach also used the "dog bone" interior fabric in '59, as did Comet Coach and S&S (and who knows how many others). Every time I see that another coach builder used this stuff, it increases my hope that a roll of it buried somewhere in the inventory of an old upholstery shop, and that it surfaces while I am still able to purchase and use it.

Terry,
I can appreciate what you are saying.....however my plate is full as well as my shop and my garage....and I am still working on getting a 57 Cadillac Superior at the moment....so I will have to pass this rarity on to someone who needs a good project !!!:thumbsup::)

his price is right if I was closer and could go get it myself I would be thinking about it. I like the way they look. the pregnant egg backside kind of grows on you.

Last edited:
Good reason to buy yourself a car trailer... you already have the horse to pull it...

his price is right if I was closer and could go get it myself I would be thinking about it. I like the way they look. the pregnant egg backside kind of grows on you.
bet ya james would hold on to it for you till you could get there. i like it but more than i can tackle know as i wont live long enough to finish what i got. used to buy em to save em for later but came to the conclusion i would only be guarding cars from being scrapped.

Back