'53 S&S Landau

Another random person learned I like vintage coaches, relayed that he knew of an original '53 Superior near him, then said he'd send pics. I give credit to a non-hearse guy for getting year right, as it is an S&S. And a 3-way as well - although missing table.

High altitude Utah location should make for a good restoration when time comes. Looks solid. Not known if availability is even an option, so enjoy pics.

53ss2c.jpg

53ss2o.jpg

53ss2h.jpg

53ss2i.jpg

53ss2j.jpg

I never tire of seeing old radio delete plates.

This car had been advertised at least 10 years ago in Hemmings. Apparently never sold. As I remember it's just south of Salt Lake City.

Another random person learned I like vintage coaches, relayed that he knew of an original '53 Superior near him, then said he'd send pics. I give credit to a non-hearse guy for getting year right, as it is an S&S. And a 3-way as well - although missing table.

I never tire of seeing old radio delete plates.

I dont understand why everyone sees the need to remove the 3 way table.

There may be more reasons than what one assumes on surface for table removal. As an example, think of the work Daniel Scully put into getting his '62 table operational. Not like wiring schematics were readily available. If a table stopped working and needed parts, removal could have been viable option.

Or a body could have badly decomposed on one, saturating/permeating every piece of wood and substructure. (This has happened.) Or any number of other 'legit' reasons.

I'm personally waiting to come across a pile of stashed 3-way tables. They're probably keeping thousands of bus seats company somewhere.

Earliest like radio delete plate in my collection was removed from a '47 Superior.

Back