Name Plates

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I had these originally made with tabs to set in the sign bracket to raise them up due to the dip in the name plate. So to make them more universal I cut the tabs off and a friend made me adapters . If you need you slide in the spacer bracket and they clear. The Flxible had the pin type so we made some adapters for them also. Rather than multiple holes and holders this makes it easy to use the signs in just about anything. Some of the sign plate holders are tall but even those where close sometimes using these name plates.

Attachments

• DSC01306.jpg
    DSC01306.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 780
  • DSC01307.jpg
    DSC01307.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 768
  • DSC01303.jpg
    DSC01303.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC01304.jpg
    DSC01304.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 783
  • DSC01302.jpg
    DSC01302.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 769
  • DSC01308.jpg
    DSC01308.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 776
That is a great idea! You should market those adapters. They look very professional. I bet there would be a number of people interested. Nice way to display nameplates without altering the car. Definitely one of the best ideas I've seen in a while. A while back, I was trying to figure a way to mount nameplates in my 52 Superior without drilling new holes. Ended up making a special set of nameplates for the car. I just used a wood back ( routered the edges and painted black ), mounted some posts in the bottom and attached an etched piece of sheet metal from the trophy shop. It was the next best option since names unlimited went under.

That is a great idea! You should market those adapters. They look very professional. I bet there would be a number of people interested. Nice way to display nameplates without altering the car. Definitely one of the best ideas I've seen in a while. A while back, I was trying to figure a way to mount nameplates in my 52 Superior without drilling new holes. Ended up making a special set of nameplates for the car. I just used a wood back ( routered the edges and painted black ), mounted some posts in the bottom and attached an etched piece of sheet metal from the trophy shop. It was the next best option since names unlimited went under.

Jeremy, It would be probably be cheaper to find a machine shop or like me a friend who has a lathe and bridgeport. He did it as favor so I do not know what the true cost would be at a shop and if you could make it cost effective to produce. But if I sell the Flxible I,ll thrown them in no charge.:dancing:

CRAP!

AARGHH

I had been delaying and delaying getting some nameplates for my car, and to find out Nameplates unlimited are no longer around is quite disappointing.

What are the options now for a non funeral, normal type person to obtain some nice nameplates and without paying $730 or so as I saw out there at one site tonight?

Any thoughts anyone please?

Thanks

Dave

AARGHH

I had been delaying and delaying getting some nameplates for my car, and to find out Nameplates unlimited are no longer around is quite disappointing.

What are the options now for a non funeral, normal type person to obtain some nice nameplates and without paying $730 or so as I saw out there at one site tonight?

Any thoughts anyone please?

Thanks

Dave

If you search "nameplates" on this site, you will see that existing suppliers have been discussed numerous times. There are several.

Window nameplates

Looking for ideas on name plate location on the 96. Originally they where on the 1/4 panel above the fender skirt. The vinyl top area above the rear door looks ideal but would have to come up with a font and height that would work in that area and would have to attache it some how thru the vinyl top material or maybe just back on the 1/4 panel? Any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03080.jpg
    DSC03080.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 317
My 1973 Superior Coupe De Fleur has nameplates mounted on both front doors and across rear door as well. Not sure you would want to drill nameplate mounts into the doors. It looks great thou......

My 1999 Eagle Coupe De Fleur has no name plates as well, they were most often mounted above rear door at vinyl top trim level.

My two cents. I would do the nameplates in black attach with doubles sided tape in the stainless directly above the wheel opening no holes drilled no damage if removal is wanted later. Just to be clear the top stainless is what I mean.

My 1973 Superior Coupe De Fleur has nameplates mounted on both front doors and across rear door as well. Not sure you would want to drill nameplate mounts into the doors. It looks great thou......

My 1999 Eagle Coupe De Fleur has no name plates as well, they were most often mounted above rear door at vinyl top trim level.

Ken,
Give us a recent photo so we can see how it looks.

Back