A good few weeks for finding stuff.

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
Sometimes things just go well. Over the past 2 weeks I've found some items that I've been looking for over the last 2 years.

1) An old H&H Inhalator (for free)

2) An old Knickerbocker-style EMS kit for my '73 Lifeliner ($50 off Ebay)

3) A set (4) of the Cadillac CC wheel rims also for my Lifeliner ($100 from a local Cadillac Club member)

I've loaded the EMS kit with gear and it'll be a nice addition.

I media blasted the rims and am in the process of priming and painting.

The inhalator is just too cool. I need to reletter one of the tanks as CO2 as this is the only resuscitator that actually used CO2 with oxygen compared to straight oxygen. The medical thinking was that becuse most of us use the CO2 levels in our blood to trigger respirations, then pure oxygen was not sufficient to stimulate the return of respirations hence the introduction of CO2.

I'm excited with my finds...my wife just nods politely and says "that's nice".

Attachments

• New stuff.jpg
    New stuff.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 203
Sometimes things just go well. Over the past 2 weeks I've found some items that I've been looking for over the last 2 years.

3) A set (4) of the Cadillac CC wheel rims also for my Lifeliner ($100 from a local Cadillac Club member)

The inhalator is just too cool. I need to reletter one of the tanks as CO2 as this is the only resuscitator that actually used CO2 with oxygen compared to straight oxygen. The medical thinking was that becuse most of us use the CO2 levels in our blood to trigger respirations, then pure oxygen was not sufficient to stimulate the return of respirations hence the introduction of CO2.

That is awesome Bill, CONGRATS!!!!!

Abe

If you have not painted the rims yet, you may want to consider powder coating, its alot more durable.

Thanks for the suggestion John. I had thought about doing that but a few rattle cans will do the job for $20. Plus I'm anxious to switch the tires over from the standard GM rims.

Certainly something to consider in the future. I do have to do some other interior parts on the Lifeliner (like the cabinet frames) and I'll persue the powder coat possibility then.

Do you have much experience with powder coating?

Bill

My experience with powder coat on steel hasn't been a good one. Once you have a chip in the powder coat, the water will get under it, and continue to rust until the chip becomes a large flake and comes off. I only use powder coating on parts that are not subject to chips. There are some things that powder coatings work well with, such as air cleaner housings, but I don't think that it is worth the cost most times. Paint is infinitely repairable, powder coating is not. Once it is on a part, it is very hard to remove.

The only experance I have is I had the rims done on my 49 S&S in 2005 or 6. I have the small hubcaps on it so alot of the rim shows and so far great results. I think I paid around 150 to have them done. Have not had any chips yet so dont know what that will do. As Paul stated, paint you can touch up, powder coat is more permanent.

Back