replacing the lost

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
had to bite the bullet today and replace the center of my wheel cover on the 86. I had gotten a full set of nos ones from hubcap Joe. I did not realize the other 5 I have here including the 4 off the car had been fixed all ready. but here is how I did it. this works the same way with the centers off the wire wheel covers. in fact that is what they used to fix these.
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-04-28/13:40:25

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpg
    IMG_5211.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_5230.jpg
    IMG_5230.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 224
When I was at Carlisle this past week, the fellow in the next booth had 4 NOS ones like you have pictured, and I didn't know what year that they fit. Being that I am trying to clean out, I didn't buy them, even though they were a good buy at $25. Most parts were selling below last years market prices, and some dealers were stocking up for the day that the old car market makes a rebound. Problem is that I think that I am already too old to see that day in my near future. In retrospect, there were a few items that I should have bought, but I didn't. One of the few times that I came home with almost as much in my pocket as I had left with. Besides, I didn't have a lot of room in the Explorer after I loaded this into the back............. the lift that is, not the car... :D
maxjax-two-post-lifts.png

don't make me cry. but 25 bucks is about all I would have given to. I never did notice that the original ones had been changed. just took the beat up ones off and put the NOS ones on. bet before long I change the other three. but now that I know I'll pick at them and hope to catch it before they come off.

Back