vintage multi-make photos

Keller Norton funeral procession, dated '32.

Photography from Lafayette Studios and courtesy Kentucky Digital Library.

Enlarged/cropped/enhanced:

Last edited by a moderator:
The McGavick hearse dated '23.

index.php

Lincoln School for Nurses ambulance squad dated '29 (although caption on image states 5/12/21).

Both images courtesy New York Public Library Digital Collections.

index.php

Years ago I used to peruse various online archives but had since drifted from it a bit. Imagine my shock when doing some new searches on some Florida sites when I found this. :eek:

J L Reed FH Tampa Burgert Bros Photography Photo dated 1/12/1932 Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library Collection
JLReidTampa1932Fleet_zpsb35f923a.jpg

I remember a past issue of TPC dealt with the lil Austins. In revisiting some past haunts I am finding new stuff has been digitized and added to some collections. As a side note I bought one of the JL Reed cars after they were absorbed by Stewart (a 70 S&S) and at least one other PCS member worked for them.

More of the J L Reed fleet. Wouldn't ya love to rummage through that garage.

J L Reed FH Tampa Burgert Bros Photography Photo 1932 Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library Collection

JLReidTampa1932Fleet2_zpse9061aac.jpg

1368554139_zps4afeafdc.gif

Funeral of Paul Sauvé, Premiere of Quebec, on 1/5/60. Left image large to marvel in all 14 magnificent '57-'59 flower cars. Wow! This has now become my personal favorite flower car procession capture.

'59 MM closest to camera. Keith, can you nail the remaining 13 IDs? I'll need to study this for quite some time otherwise... ;)

Photograph from Montreal Star.

I confirm : None of them are "flower cars" professionally made, they are all convertibles with home made tops and plywood tables. Just spoke with one of the driver !

Back