FS: '58 Miller-Meteor ambulance

Okay guys, I'm currently in the remote NW corner of New Mexico. Phone reception is sporadic and internet...well, I just drove 15 miles to find Wi-Fi alone!

Yesterday the buyer on this ambulance fell through - so it is available. After seeing it firsthand, I can say that the rockers need replacing and both front edges of the rear wheelwells needs patches. Rest of the ambulance (floors, sills, doors, etc.) are solid.

dsc02099.jpg

Stainless rocker molding are head on by lag screws.

dsc02100t.jpg

dsc02105.jpg

dsc02104x.jpg

dsc02103i.jpg

Looks like landau bars were originally mounted.

dsc02102t.jpg

dsc02107k.jpg

dsc02106.jpg

It is wearing a crappy white paint job that was done prior to landing here in the early '70s. The aluminum bases of the roof lights are even painted. I can find evidence of where Cadillac script and lower quarter spear molding used to be, but not traditional MM body molding.

Came out of Cuba - a city in NM about 50 miles away.

Items missing: headlight nacelles, carburetor, taillight assembly, rear bumper guards.

The ambulance is $2500 minus the steering column, as the owner wants to keep it for another car. My thought was to grab a complete steering column from another '58 in TX before driving 900+ miles, which I did. Add $300, bringing the total to $2800 to keep the MM intact as it sits and I'll leave my column here for the owner. $2500 price has already been discounted $500 as part of a package deal including the coach I bought.

I'm willing to stay in town one more day to facilitate if needed. Much easier to have a person on the ground prepping this behemoth to roll then leaving it up to an elderly man.

PM/email and I'll keep checking my phone as service allows.

Update: As many know, this ambulance sold to a dealer and went from Aztec, NM to El Paso, TX before being on eBay and brought up here a couple more times.

It subsequently sold without the Saf-T-Vu lights and traversed the country ending up in Eastern NY. The buyer/owner has changed his mind and wishes to sell. He has $4800 in the ambulance including shipping. I will put interested parties directly in contact with him. He fully understands taking a loss and not breaking even - so if one of you on East coast thought about it before, now's your chance.

Thanks to Paul for unlocking old thread.

Back