Clearance price on tires

James Fischer

PCS Member
Just wanted to share with PCS members in the WESTERN states and possibly other regions also.....

I just returned from Americas Tire-Discount tire...they currently are offering Hankook Optimo H724 235/75R15 XL tires for $60.00 per tire.
These are WW with the higher rated sidewalls....

I paid $93.00 per tire back in March..so this is a really great buy...

I was told they did a massive buy from Hankook and are offering them at this price...manager said prices may vary by a few bucks elsewhere in the country where offered....so check with your local AT if you need some new tires....:thumbsup:

Good Luck !!

Last edited:
Just wanted to clarify "clearance" in my post...

I was told that once these are gone there will be no more...Hankook will not be offering WW tires anymore...and the Optimo H724's will be replaced with Optimo H727"s in BW.

Just wanted to share with PCS members in the WESTERN states and possibly other regions also.....

I just returned from Americas Tire-Discount tire...they currently are offering Hankook Optimo H724 235/75R15 XL tires for $60.00 per tire.

I was told they did a massive buy from Hankook and are offering them at this price...manager said prices may vary by a few bucks elsewhere in the country where offered....so check with your local AT if you need some new tires....:thumbsup:

Good Luck !!

I already have these on my 1976 Cadillac Series 75 Sedamn, they are great. Going to buy 2-3 more sets tomorrow as we have one of these stores here in Oceanside CA,

Good Luck !!

James,
Which location quoted the $60 per tire? I need to know so they can match that location's price. We have 1 location here in Omaha, NE.

James,
Which location quoted the $60 per tire? I need to know so they can match that location's price. We have 1 location here in Omaha, NE.

Kurt,

My store is :

Americas Tire
395 N Sunrise Ave.
Roseville,Ca 95661
916-784-9173

Store managers name is "Paul"

Last edited:
I already have these on my 1976 Cadillac Series 75 Sedamn, they are great. Going to buy 2-3 more sets tomorrow as we have one of these stores here in Oceanside CA,

I agree with you Ken...I have them on my 72 since last May....and now am putting them on the 70....

I am really pleased with them...and for $60.00 ??..no brainer.....:thumbsup:

Good luck !!

According to our local store these are 3/4" white walls. Does anyone know of any current sales on wider white walls?

Last edited:
I just looked at both the discounttiredirect website and the discounttire site where you enter your zip code and got 87.00 (w/ "free" shipping) and 83.00 per tire, respectively. Quite a difference from what y'all are seeing out West. When I tried a search by car, there wasn't even an option for Cadillac as late as 1975! I'll have to keep digging. I think the Western stores operate as "America's Tire" while Eastern stores are Discount Tire.

They are $56 per tire at Discount Tire in Michigan.

John,
Seems in Michigan is even cheaper then out on the west coast......
and yes,it would be Discount Tire stores in your neck of the woods....

I dont think the "search" by vehicle works well.....
But you can Search by tire manufacturer (Hankook) then enter the size(235x75x15)...and you should see the price.....

Good luck !!

I just looked at both the discounttiredirect website and the discounttire site where you enter your zip code and got 87.00 (w/ "free" shipping) and 83.00 per tire, respectively. Quite a difference from what y'all are seeing out West. When I tried a search by car, there wasn't even an option for Cadillac as late as 1975! I'll have to keep digging. I think the Western stores operate as "America's Tire" while Eastern stores are Discount Tire.

They are 91.00 in my area and available.

They are 91.00 in my area and available.

Danny we need to find somewhere where they're in the 56-60.00 range and go get a load! I'd be up for at least eight. My tire guy says as long as you keep them out of the sun and from getting too hot, you can stockpile them safely for at least several years.

I just pruchased 5 of these tires from Discount Tire in (North) Scottsdale. The store is located in front of the Discount Tire corporate office. They charged me $70.00 per tire, which I thought was a great deal.

Discount Tire is new to the Omaha market. They currently only have 1 location here. They told me $72 each over the phone. When I told them about the California $60 price, they said to come on in and we could work something out on a set of 4 or more. He said that they had 13 in stock.

Just ordered four of these from the discounttiredirect.com site. This is the site set up to ship tires to your door w/ "free" shipping. They were 87.00 each and I took advantage of the (expires today) 75.00 rebate in the form of a prepaid Visa card. That knocks the price down nicely. On the website directing you to a local store they're now showing up at 76.00 each, no rebate offer evident. By the time you add tax from a local store the price is about the same. Hope I can get the local store to work out something closer to the CA/MI prices on another set!

ask them how much to ship to SD? or better yet fine me a link to the store with that price and I'll see what they want to do off the web site.

Last edited:
Back