Clearance price on tires

ask them how much to ship to SD? or better yet fine me a link to the store with that price and I'll see what they want to do off the web site.

I've found you have to do some "fanagling" with the sites to see the different prices. The browsers have gotten so smart these days they know your general location so you have to work at it. Initially when I clicked a few times to see some CA and MI prices, it kept showing me the 83/tire at the local store. Now the local store is down to 76/tire-this is like shopping for an airline ticket or a rental car! Last night I saw the "change area" link and went to South Bend, where the 60.00 price showed up. My thought was to do like Ed and some others have said (plus on the discount sites it says by the prices: "found it lower? Let us know.") print that 60 buck Hankook page from South Bend to show to the manager of the local store and see what happens......

I've found you have to do some "fanagling" with the sites to see the different prices. The browsers have gotten so smart these days they know your general location so you have to work at it. Initially when I clicked a few times to see some CA and MI prices, it kept showing me the 83/tire at the local store. Now the local store is down to 76/tire-this is like shopping for an airline ticket or a rental car! Last night I saw the "change area" link and went to South Bend, where the 60.00 price showed up. My thought was to do like Ed and some others have said (plus on the discount sites it says by the prices: "found it lower? Let us know.") print that 60 buck Hankook page from South Bend to show to the manager of the local store and see what happens......

My local manager said that as long as you ASK for the price match discount ALL Americas Tire/Discount tire will honor the price.

Good luck everyone,I have my 3 sets..and am trying to advise others,even if its not a ProCar..its a great price :)

my closest store is in Cheyenne. they have them listed for 63. sent the link to the .com store and they reply back the link doesn't seam to work. you got to love the game.

My local manager said that as long as you ASK for the price match discount ALL Americas Tire/Discount tire will honor the price.

Good luck everyone,I have my 3 sets..and am trying to advise others,even if its not a ProCar..its a great price :)

I have found that to be true here in CA, bought three sets of 5 tires. Thanks for the tip.

Got mine...too late.

Well got into this the hard way after a blow out last Saturday night heading to a short car show. Fortunately, I had checked my spare and lubricated the old jack. Car came to a stop near a block of wood which made a great chock. Anyway, ordered online, got the $50 discount, and all said and done, even after I have the local barn mechanic mount and balance, came to $93/tire. I bought the new valve stems, and certificates for free replacement as well.

On the way home, one of the other tires started to go as well, so I think I was lucky. Only minor damage to the leading edge of the wheel well.

Still made it to the car show!

Attachments

• IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3722.jpg
    IMG_3722.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 121
the last tread separation I have on the 72 was it for me. I'm done with radials on a car that sits. I finely get the decent set of specks on these tires and they like the Komos get there load rating by putting 50 lb of air in the tire. they are to small in diameter also. so it's the L78 x 15 bias ply is what I'm putting on. you can get them in any white wall with or style you want and they are a correct profile for the cars were in fact used on the 75 year. the only trouble is they are 200 bucks each. why tire makers only offer there rags in a white wall but you can get true heavy duty tires in a raised white letter I don't know.

the last tread separation I have on the 72 was it for me. I'm done with radials on a car that sits. I finely get the decent set of specks on these tires and they like the Komos get there load rating by putting 50 lb of air in the tire. they are to small in diameter also. so it's the L78 x 15 bias ply is what I'm putting on. you can get them in any white wall with or style you want and they are a correct profile for the cars were in fact used on the 75 year. the only trouble is they are 200 bucks each. why tire makers only offer there rags in a white wall but you can get true heavy duty tires in a raised white letter I don't know.

Ed is right that a sad property of steel belted radials is the tendency for the treads to separate with age. I don't know if this is exacerbated by our cars' extreme weight or not. My tire guy has told me for a while about this and that bias ply tires don't do this. I'm going to start a separate thread on this tire dilemma....

Back