A Pleasant Surprise

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
I sent the Oldsmobile to the local body shop up the block yesterday. They are going to switch the rims with donors from my parts car. In doing so we have discovered that the car has gangster white walls that were turned in. I can't wait to get her back and get them cleaned up and show em off. They are working on fixing the drivers side window regulator as well. Pictures as soon as she is back.

I for one can't wait to see this, I have thought that car would look great with whitewalls on it sence you bought it. How wide of a whitewall are we talking?

Josh

Why Kurt Cotton had those turned inside is beyond my level of comprehension. I think this makes a world of difference in the car.

Why Kurt Cotton had those turned inside is beyond my level of comprehension. I think this makes a world of difference in the car.

White walls really make a difference and gives cars a classy look. Most people do not want to spend the time to keep these clean, they can be a pain in the butt, and dirty wws look terrible so they get installed to the inside. I have mentioned this many times before, use a green scotch brite pad and simple green to clean them, when I got my whitewalls from Diamond back classics they recommended this. Of all the cleaners and scrubbing utensiles this is the best thing I have ever found. NEVER use bleach whiteor any other similar product they will dry out the rubber. Plus simple green is a great all pourpose safe cleaner.
Also dont use tire dressing on the white part, sometimes it can make them look dingy.

Here is another shot of it sitting in my garage, I find myself just sitting and staring at it. The difference is overwhelming.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 712
now I'm sorry Ron those are just not right for your car. My 72 will be coming threw next weekend and I'll tell you what I'll do for you. I will let you have the narrow white walls that are on it all you will have to do is meet he truck and swap tires and they yours. now if that man you got the one from on the way to Hudson just had 4 more we both would be happy.

now I'm sorry Ron those are just not right for your car. My 72 will be coming threw next weekend and I'll tell you what I'll do for you. I will let you have the narrow white walls that are on it all you will have to do is meet he truck and swap tires and they yours. now if that man you got the one from on the way to Hudson just had 4 more we both would be happy.

Like you said are not the right size for the year, but still look great! Whites look better than black walls any day. If I remember right, the correct size is about an inch or did it have the double white then? No matter what Diamond Back Classics can reproduce them,

Ron

The whitewalls make the car stand out nicely !

Looks great with blue paint too.

Looking good,
Darren

P.S. Did anyone dig it with black walls ?

Here is another shot of it sitting in my garage, I find myself just sitting and staring at it. The difference is overwhelming.

Garage looks great as well as the cars Ron. What's that funny orange flag on the wall? It says "BROWNS". Is that in reference to some sort of fecal matter like something that happens to your shorts when you have an accident?

Back