Ferno Washington Cots

Is there a database for Ferno Washington Cots? I am trying to determine the vintage of the ones in our car. One can be operated by one person with releases on both sides to load the cot and we have the folding one with folding wheels and pegs. I have the serial numbers off both and believe that these probably indicate manufacture date. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I did search old threads but was unable to locate any additional information.

That would just be the cats @$$! I tried several times to identify them or get model numbers, and all Ferno could do was promise to ask to oldest person on staff.. They should have like a museum or something, and you can't go by the National EMS Museum info, most of it's wrong.

Maybe we can share the infos we have? By adding a database of some owners manuals with options..? Pictures of the cots up and down would be a great source of informations.

I like your idea about sharing inoformation Martin. I will attempt to take photos tomorrow and post as soon as I can. We almost need a seperate forum section for data bases - Name Plates, landau bars, etc.

really had to let you know what you have without seeing it. the ferno is not a lot of help I know but they did come threw for me on the starting date for there 29s

Pictures

This is the cot we have in our car. Jean-Marc was able to determine that the cot was manufactured in 1965. It is believed that our folding cot was manufactured in 1967 (I need to double check the numbers). It appears the folding cot is a model #11 as Steve mentioned above (I didn't take photo yet). Can anyone identify the model # of the cot in the pictures? Thank you everyone for your help.

Attachments

• cot1.jpg
    cot1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 473
  • cot2.jpg
    cot2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 478
  • cot3.jpg
    cot3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 398
that would be a #27. it differs from the 26 removal gurney slightly in the front but folds up the same. it's a little heaver then the 26. here is a pictures of it standing up

Attachments

• ferno #27 1.jpg
    ferno #27 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 336
  • ferno #27 3.jpg
    ferno #27 3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 253
that would be a #27. it differs from the 26 removal gurney slightly in the front but folds up the same. it's a little heaver then the 26. here is a pictures of it standing up

FYI, the #26 is an ambulance cot (not a mortuary or removal cot) as well. If it has folding side rails, it's an ambulance model.

I wanted to double check the model number and was refereing back to this thread when I noticed that Ed's photo shows the wheels folding inside the cot frame where as ours folds outside. Does this change the model number?

I wanted to double check the model number and was refereing back to this thread when I noticed that Ed's photo shows the wheels folding inside the cot frame where as ours folds outside. Does this change the model number?

No...both are 27s. Earlier versions had the legs on the outside of the frame while later ones were on the inside. The earlier versions were much more stable, especially with a heavier patient.

Rich can you post a picture of your front lock. the rear one is the proper one for the 27. but how did they lock down the front of the gurney. I'm missing all that stuff. you know every gurney had it with it at one time but only the gurneys gets sold. the attaching hardware is tossed

Back