Plattsville New Fire Hall

Today Mo and I took the 78 Horton down to Plattsville, Ontario for the grand opening of their new Fire Hall. Wayne Krakowski invited me at the St. Thomas Fire Muster back in August, and I was happy to attend.

It was cold and windy but no rain as the people of Plattsville came to check out the new "digs" and play with the trucks !

The Fire dept had 3 trucks, two were giving rides around town lights and sirens "blaring' for everyone who wanted a ride, they had a smoke house, The OPP were there showing off their equipment, even the canadian Army were there showing off their stuff including a hand held rocket L and assorted weapons. The only no-show was the boys and girls from the local EMS ! so I was the only Ambulance there.

The new fire Hall is a far cry from the old station ......BIG, BRIGHT and ROOMY

Lots of hot dogs and burgers to go around and a great time was had by all

Thanks goes out to Wayne and Paul the Fire chief for inviting me We had a great time ....and the best part..... The 78 Horton ran GREAT all the way down the 401 through Toronto to Plattsville and back home. And the mileage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

here are some pictures from the day:

#1 Platsville New Fire Hall

#2 inside the hall

#3 OPP Cruiser

#4 part of the crowd

#5 Canadian Army

Attachments

• Copy of Plattsville 017.jpg
    Copy of Plattsville 017.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 306
  • Plattsville 018.jpg
    Plattsville 018.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Plattsville 019.jpg
    Plattsville 019.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Plattsville 003.jpg
    Plattsville 003.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Plattsville 008.jpg
    Plattsville 008.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 285
a few more pictures from Plattsville

#1 Plattsville's International Tanker

#2 Whats Red and White and sleeps 4 ????? Plattsville's International Pumper !
( Wayne's joke not mine ! )

#3 Plattsville's 2006 Thibault International Pumper

#4 Plattsville's 2006 International and my 78 Chevy Horton

#5 The 78 Chevy Horton sits proudly with her lights on in front of the new Fire Hall

Attachments

• Copy of Plattsville 005.jpg
    Copy of Plattsville 005.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 321
  • Copy of Plattsville 004.jpg
    Copy of Plattsville 004.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Copy of Plattsville 009.jpg
    Copy of Plattsville 009.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Copy of Plattsville 027.jpg
    Copy of Plattsville 027.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Copy of Plattsville 031.jpg
    Copy of Plattsville 031.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 300
I'm sorry you're having too much fun with that Horton. it will have to cross over and stay at my house for a bit.

looks like nice digs did they add room for the new truck?

just a few more pictures

#1 the Old plattsville Fire Hall

#2 Plattsville's old Dodge Pumper

#3 if you notice the 2006 International has the old Dodge pumper's Federal siren on its front bumper all day the kids were playing with the Trucks sirens so of course I was playing with mine !! sure got loud at times ! lol

Attachments

• Plattsville 010.jpg
    Plattsville 010.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 307
  • Plattsville 013.jpg
    Plattsville 013.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Plattsville 028.jpg
    Plattsville 028.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 302
Small world!!

While displaying the Horton a gentleman approached us and said he hauls freight to Myerstown every week,said he had to stop for a minute to make sure where he was,lol,thanks again to Mike for making the trek down,they sure appreciated it and many many people complimented Mike on the rig,as a side note the local funeral director who also is running for Mayor had planned to bring his antique hearse but he said it was too cold so he put it way for the winter,

I'm sorry you're having too much fun with that Horton. it will have to cross over and stay at my house for a bit.

looks like nice digs did they add room for the new truck?

ya the hall is large enough to hold 4 large rigs I would say plus upstairs are offices and a work-out room downstairs is the Kitchen and more office space....nice place

just a few more pictures

#1 the Old plattsville Fire Hall

#2 Plattsville's old Dodge Pumper

#3 if you notice the 2006 International has the old Dodge pumper's Federal siren on its front bumper all day the kids were playing with the Trucks sirens so of course I was playing with mine !! sure got loud at times ! lol

Is that a current picture of their old 1957 Dodge Pumper out "resting" in a field? Hopefully they have plans to save and restore it? MM

sadly no.

They know exactly where it is,but due to it being deeded to someone who is not keen on the new ways he is content to let it rot.even refuses to let them store it,they did however get the old siren off it and put on the bumper of their newest truck,I personally know the Chief and they are pulling their hair out that this is going this way,very sad that this is happening and hopefully he will come to change his mind before its too late..

there are people like that all over the world. the only way to handle it is snap a few pictures and walk away.

They know exactly where it is,but due to it being deeded to someone who is not keen on the new ways he is content to let it rot.even refuses to let them store it,they did however get the old siren off it and put on the bumper of their newest truck,I personally know the Chief and they are pulling their hair out that this is going this way,very sad that this is happening and hopefully he will come to change his mind before its too late..

Wayne: YES that is a shame. We have completely restored a 1957 Dodge (Open Cab W-500 / 4X4) Power Wagon) with a Howe Fire Apparatus Build-Up and Front Mount Pump that the original FD basically discarded too.... now several years and $10-K+ later they want it back! MM

Sorry I couldn't make it guys.

I spent the day in a funeral home with family friends as they said goodbye to their mother who was run over and killed by a Toronto Streetcar Tuesday.

Looks like a great new place.

The Horton looks brand new like the building.

Darren

understandable

Sorry to hear of your friends loss,and glad you were able to console them,we did miss you but knew there was a good reason,and there will be more opportunities in the future,

Back