Sunset Coach Precision Miniature 59 Superior Ambulance In Blue

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I need several items for my 1968 Miller Meteor combo and I have a Precision Miniature 1959 blue Superior Cadillac ambulance that I would be willing to trade, if anyone is interested. The model is in good condition, but it sits on top of my dresser and it is dusty, with minor flaws.

Here is what I need;
1 Mattress for the stretcher, must be in good shape.
2 Original type, period correct Unity Spotlights, prefer a pair of them.
3 Interesting sounding siren
4 1968 Miller Meteor brochure, sales catalogue, etc
5 Any period ambulance pieces, such as; two way radio, or?

I may be willing to trade for any number of the items on my list. I am not sure what the model is worth, or what any of the items I need are worth, so if you are interested, please let me know what you are willing to trade. Please send PM. Thank you!

I have NOS spotlights if you are interested in purchasing a pair. Both small and large bulb heads.

Bill, I have a couple period correct oxygen cylinders, that you are welcome to free of charge. You will need to make the trip to Rhode Island for them. Let me see what else I can find for you. PM if interested.

nope is was a C series I'm not that up on them myself. but I know it works it would 2 smaller then the 28 if I remember right

Attachments

• IMG_0591a.jpg
    IMG_0591a.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 259
nope is was a C series I'm not that up on them myself. but I know it works it would 2 smaller then the 28 if I remember right

:confused2: I've never heard of a 58CS (per data plate); please post a photo of the entire siren, if you have one.

The C series (8" rotor) is larger than the 28/60/70 series (6" rotor).

thanks I was wounder about the shape of it. but to me it's about half the size of the 28. I was thinking it was destined to fit the lower bumper pod. it's just the right shape to slide in there but I never tried to fit it.

Attachments

• IMG_0590a.jpg
    IMG_0590a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 188
The 58CS was a Model 28 that had an additional bracket for mounting under the hood of a 58 Chevy. Federal offered a similar package for Fords- the 58FS.

There was very little space behind the grille on these cars. Federal even offered special electronic siren speakers just for these models.

Back