Coach Interior Wreathes

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I picked these up a couple of weeks ago at a funeral home auction. Does anyone have any idea as to what these may have been taken out of? They are nickel plates brass or bronze. Definitely not pot metal. They are 10" in diameter.

Attachments

• Wreathes.jpg
    Wreathes.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 300
we had a pair

Our firm used them on service vehicles, panel delivery trucks, then vans. We bolted them outside, sometimes behind the doors, and sometimes on the doors. I wish we still had a pair of them!:Exclamation:

These were attached from the back side(no screw holes), so I assume that these were attached to the interior rear side panels on a landau.

They might have come with a template to locate holes in the panel, and then the screws were installed from the rear. This was a common way to attach a part to a vehicle, without having any exterior screws. This is how the crosses on the Miller Meteor ambulances are installed.

I have a set on my 87 Eureka

Similar. I have seem many of the pot metal wreathes that Eureka used in the '80s, but they are definitely different than these. These are obviously much earlier as they are nickel plated cast bronze.

Back