On Display at Southern Funeral Expo

We had some nice vehicles on display last week at the Southern Funeral Service Expo in Macon, GA. In the funeral antique section we had Tim Parrott's 1938 Packard, in service at Parrott Funeral Home, Fairburn, GA; Rodney Music's 1941 Lasalle, in service at Music Funeral Home, Waycross, GA; and Danny Gibson's 1974 Superior Combination. These are all great cars!

Last edited:
Pictures? What was there in the way of new coaches? Who was displaying and what were they showing? Did anybody actually sell anything?

Let's try this again.

Attachments

• March 15, 2015 Download 044.jpg
    March 15, 2015 Download 044.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 438
  • March 15, 2015 Download 074.jpg
    March 15, 2015 Download 074.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 446
  • March 15, 2015 Download 073.jpg
    March 15, 2015 Download 073.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 439
  • March 15, 2015 Download 075.jpg
    March 15, 2015 Download 075.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 436
The white hearse in the first photo is a '15 Platinum. The black hearse is an S&S Medalist. The black hearse in the second photo is a '15 S&S Masterpiece.

Attachments

• March 15, 2015 Download 052.jpg
    March 15, 2015 Download 052.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 445
  • March 15, 2015 Download 049.jpg
    March 15, 2015 Download 049.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 447
I believe that the LaSalle is a '40. '40 was the last year for LaSalle.

That '15 S&S Masterpiece is what I would call "butt ugly"! Those chrome rear window frames are atrocious!!

Thanks for the pictures. Very interesting and insightful. I have to agree with Kurt, that "Masterpiece" is any thing but a masterpiece from an appearance perspective. If it coud be an artistic by anyone, it would, to my way of thinking be degererate art. Simply too ugly to live. Was Armbruster displaying there as well? And speaking of displays, the dealers certainly didn't go out of their way to make their exhibits attractive or inviting did they? Just drove cars onto the floor and set up card tables. Tis a pity. When will these people ever learn...show business sells cars. Gotta love the older cars but, deeply regret the non-stock wire wheels, "up-graded" modern interiors and the fact that they may well be powered by modern V-8 engines. However, that's the way the owner's want them so that's the way they are. That LaSalle is certainly a habdsome vehicle and...yes, 1940 was the last year for the LaSalle.

Both the Packard and Lasalle have late model GM engines and transmissions. The Packard was found in a field and rescued with a tree growing up through the engine compartment, sans engine. Both these vehicles are used almost daily on services (by family request). The owners wanted them "upgraded" since they are now front line cars. The pictures really doesn't do them justice. They are beautiful.

And speaking of displays, the dealers certainly didn't go out of their way to make their exhibits attractive or inviting did they? Just drove cars onto the floor and set up card tables. Tis a pity. When will these people ever learn...show business sells cars.

Keith is so right. its a shame some dealers don't put any thought into the display

here are a couple of pictures look at the difference.

1st photo 2014 not sure where this was

2nd photo 1986 NFDA Convention in Orlando Florida Eureka Coach Company display ( photo from Gregg Merksamer Book Professional Cars A Ken Earnest photo)

I know there is a BIG difference between a Regional show and the NFDA convention but please put some thought into it

Attachments

• Copy of 2014%20S&S%201.jpg
    Copy of 2014%20S&S%201.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 303
  • Copy of CAM00820-1.jpg
    Copy of CAM00820-1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 297
Tom McPherson's Masterpiece

The earlier discussion about the butt-ugly S&S Masterpiece is a nice contrast to the display of white cars shown in Mr. Boyer's photo. In my humble opinion, that display was Tom McPherson's masterpiece! His cars had style and his displays were always glitzy and inviting. These bozos today should take some history lessons. I wouldn't be caught dead in the morphodite monstrosities they are selling.

The earlier discussion about the butt-ugly S&S Masterpiece is a nice contrast to the display of white cars shown in Mr. Boyer's photo. In my humble opinion, that display was Tom McPherson's masterpiece! His cars had style and his displays were always glitzy and inviting. These bozos today should take some history lessons. I wouldn't be caught dead in the morphodite monstrosities they are selling.

I hate it when you hold back, let us know how you really feel:thumbsup:

takes a lot of engineering to put wheels on a door stop. it takes a even better salesman to sell one. how would you like to have your wages hing on moving this set of products? were one my cringe at the drive train upgrade on the older cars you have to marvel at them being requested for services.

Having been in the trade-show business for more years than I care to mention, I can say there are more factors that come into play with a national show vs. a regional show, that dictate what your display will ultimately look like. Typically a national level show will have more days to set up, sometimes up to a week, or more workers at your disposal, or both. Local shows may only have a day, or even hours to set up. If a facility has multiple exhibit halls you generally have more time to set up, since one show can be running and another can be setting up or tearing down. Sometimes there is just not enough time to be setting up video monitors, lights, or multiple levels, you just have to do the best you can with the time you are provided.

The white hearse in the first photo is a '15 Platinum. The black hearse is an S&S Medalist. The black hearse in the second photo is a '15 S&S Masterpiece.

The black S&S in the first pic looks like a Victoria, not a Medalist, but may be the angle. The Medalist has the higher top like the Masterpiece.

Back