Should have had a Batesville

some one is always lookign for more not the pack of smokes would probably get here more money then teh will would anyway.

I bumped into my neighbor today, who's a local funeral director, and grew up in the town this occurred in. (It's about 45 minutes from me.) The casket was in a concrete vault - the lid was smashed using a sledge hammer (Dennis said that he used to live next door to this cemetery, and had a hard time believing that no one heard the echoes.) They then dragged the casket on top of the ground, and damaged the lid enough to force it open. While not a Batesville, I was told it was a metal, locking casket of good quality.

As an aside, I remember Eddie Nash, the deceased, quite well - he was a local legend, running the largest dealer of used farm, construction and logging equipment in New England (that I'm aware of.) I remember seeing him at every farm auction that I ever attended. I also remember lots of stories of unsuspecting buyers who, were to say the least, not so thrilled with their equipment purchases. He also had a pretty catchy radio jingle.

Back