picture request

How bout even before that....

ux7gi.jpg
[/IMG]

Cary, great photo, but not the same car... The car in your pic is a 3-Way coach without the rear corner windows or "Full Vision" styling, as Eureka called it. It also features full length side molding, which Eureka utilized only on their 3-Way coaches and flower cars in '59.

Atti, here is Jeff Barb's car as it appeared at the '03 Pittsburgh meet.. With the Full Vision styling and the unique side trim that Eureka reserved for their '59 endloaders, combos and ambulances

IMG_8327.jpg

Let's see some current pics!

Thought that Jeff's coach was an endloader with a maroon interior, so thanks Martyn. (Was also told it was also a landau though at one point...ha.) Anyway, a few years back someone started hounding Jeff to sell, making claims of being perfect home, giving full restoration, etc. He finally gave in after being relentlessly pursued.

If you were unfamiliar with not having any control after selling a vehicle, you are now. Jeff was unhappy being blatantly lied to by Volo Auto Museum.

59eureka15d.jpg

59eureka15c.jpg

Not what was expected, huh? Providing another reason to loathe those possessing Ecto mentality. Now don't shoot the messenger for tying the coaches together! :hide:

If any silver lining can be found, however small, it's that Jeff replaced his beloved '59 with another vintage coach that will go in a different thread.

Arrrrrrrgghhhhhh!!!!!

Does anyone out there actually know how many good cars have been lost to the Ecto-1 "clone wars"?

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing one after another of these ruined. What a disgrace!

Well, I was aware of the unfortunate GB conversion, I believe that happened several years ago and pics have surfaced here in the past... I was hoping you were going to tell us it had been restored to it's former glory!!

Anyway, you're right, it had a maroon interior when Jeff owned it. The car originally had a beautiful dark blue interior and drapes... Perhaps someone has pics of how it looked following Dan Brintlinger's restoration?

Does anyone out there actually know how many good cars have been lost to the Ecto-1 "clone wars"?

Careful Matthew! You may offend at least two '59 MM owning Ecto cloning PCS forum members here that don't publicly discuss what they're up to. :yum:

In answer to your question though, dozens. There's a picture thread on a different hearse forum for pathetic clones. It's quite comical actually. And if that isn't enough, you can see even more lame conversions @ the Ecto1 builder's forum.

Oh well

Careful Matthew! You may offend at least two '59 MM owning Ecto cloning PCS forum members here that don't publicly discuss what they're up to. :yum:

In answer to your question though, dozens. There's a picture thread on a different hearse forum for pathetic clones. It's quite comical actually. And if that isn't enough, you can see even more lame conversions @ the Ecto1 builder's forum.

I'm not here to offend, but as I am an honest person, maybe to a fault, I will not hide my displeasure in the wrecking of 1959 commercial chassis cars. They are so hard to come by, and so sought after that I don't see any reason to turn them into a rolling movie prop. Ever!

will at least it's saved from the crusher. 20 years from now who knows exactly when, the last person that saw the move when it came out is gone,. this car taking up to much room and serving no propose . for no reason it dumped and someone may get a not working 100 year old car cheap. missing the Eurkia script. what I can't help but marvel at is how people will go to so much cost to imitate someone else. does the words get a Life come into play. but if you going to, use the right car. all white 59s are not the same. but saved it is. or was this one also to rusty to restore. but 59s you love them or hated them. me I'm middle of the road leaning to the hate side. I look at one and just say why bother with the junk.

Careful Matthew! You may offend at least two '59 MM owning Ecto cloning PCS forum members here that don't publicly discuss what they're up to. :yum: .....

Can I propose a new by-law stating that any PCS member that owns or converts any professional car into a Ghostbuster clone be immediately banned from the club for life?

lol!

Can I propose a new by-law stating that any PCS member that owns or converts any professional car into a Ghostbuster clone be immediately banned from the club for life?

I will second that all day long! In all seriousness I thought the PCS was all about the preservation, not the destruction of pro-cars. There isn't a single argument that can be made to justify turning a 59 into an ecto-1 clone. It is pro-car blasphemy!

some people call that preservation. all in your interpretative of the word. no different then make a monster truck out of one in my book. but once I sell one it's your car do as you want with it

Back