Buy out Lew Lazarus!

Nominating for comedic auction of month. :YesNo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-60-Special-100-COLLECTOR-CAR-PACKAGE-DEAL-Cadillac-Riviera-Studebaker-Packard-/321140378708?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ac5754c54&vxp=mtr

$T2eC16d,!)EE9s2uiPpvBRktQ5PZ5g~~_4.JPG

$T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikMDPBRktOzQItw~~_4.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!zQE9s3stuwbBRktO6)PUQ~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!qsFF7uqpYDZBRktPbg(JQ~~_4.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJF8FFqK,IU4VBRkuQesOeQ~~_4.JPG

My vote "yes" hells bells most don't have room for one where are you suppose to put 100plus,and a dog house for yourself if you tell the Mrs.what you did.:eek:

you kind of got to admire a man that can keep the plates on sticks spinning for as long as he has. yes there are is some good stuff in his yard. might not be what you want to collect at all but it's there. this man runs a drop in and see enjoy his story's, keep you eyes open and a hand on your wallet kind of place. see some thing you like make a offer. enjoy the day don't expect to bring anything home outing

Having dealt with him in the past, it's not that kind of place at all. His "Lazarus Motor Museum" has all those cars, all of which are in sorry shape and he is always trying to sell them at outrageous prices. It's not the kind of place where you look through and wonder, it's a "sales lot", and if you ain't a sucker he can con, he ain't interested in having you there for a "pleasant visit". Sure he has stories, and all of them are lies. Nothing good can come out of that place.

The only thing I got from him was a ride back to the bus station so I could catch a bus back to Chicago to get home - and that didn't come easily. :thumbsdown:

His list of procars:

1959 Cadillac hearse/amb with rear rooftop cut off

1960 Cadillac limousine

1960 Cadillac Flower car conversion from hearse/ambulance

1960 Cadillac landau Hearse-ex Shrinner parade car

Several 1965/66 Cadillac sedans, coupes, hearse/ambulances

His ebay name is.... collectorcarsucanafford

Problem is... you can't afford to bring them back to life in that condition !

Doh,
Darren

Lew Lazarus sounds like an old-school con man, the type of guy you visualize when you think of a used car dealer from the "old days". As some of you may know, I was a used car dealer for many years and I do not like that image. I would say that Lew is the kind of guy, who gives used car dealers a bad name.

Please BEWARE!!! I have had not so good luck and his Frazer convertible was less than desirable. If you do purchase from him, have cash in hand, secure the vehicle with a clear title, load it and move it at the time of transaction. Don't trust, what you cannot see and verify every word. It could cost you more than your hard earned dollars. He is a smooth talker and should be in Congress.

Con men?

Lew Lazarus sounds like an old-school con man, the type of guy you visualize when you think of a used car dealer from the "old days". As some of you may know, I was a used car dealer for many years and I do not like that image. I would say that Lew is the kind of guy, who gives used car dealers a bad name.
I think there are New-school "Con Men" out there that make the "Old-school" ones seem like amatuers. How else can you account for scams these days, being permissively ignored and disregarded? You get to be an expert at what you do best, and people literally worship these men as being the greatest, the nicest, most helpful, so very interesting, like Gods, and the sheeple keep handing over their cash to these Bernie Madoffs of the world. Statistically I read it comes down to odds. The longer you do the "perfect crime" after 5-10-15 years and on, and get away with it, is when you should be looking for payback catching up with you. Can't wait for some to get theirs, as I have been ripped off before for thousands of dollars personally. Fate plays an important part, despite the fact most carry guns to protect themselves.

Last edited:
A con man plays on your greed, and can only con you if you allow it to happen. A fool and his money are soon parted. As P.T. Barnum said..

“There's a sucker born every minute.”

“Never give a sucker an even break.”

Back