upstate NY return trip is NEXT WEEK

On all these cars, there is not much left of the sheet metal, but there is still plenty of trim and quite a bit of the glass left. Even in their current states, these are all beautiful beasts with plenty of parts to donate to keep another one alive!

A few pictures of the '62...
3 different angles of the overall body and the 'Mercy' logo on the passenger side rear door.

Attachments

• 62 front.jpg
    62 front.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 62 side.jpg
    62 side.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 62 rear.jpg
    62 rear.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 62 Mercy.jpg
    62 Mercy.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 330
The "huge spotlight" is actually a headlamp housing from a 1930's car. I am leaning towards it being from a Pierce Arrow.

It was a fantastic outing with great guys and perfect weather. Sunny, dry and just warm enough. The best thing... NO BUGS !

There was a little of everything out there. Besides the cars, trucks, heavy equipment, etc... there were frogs, deer, raccoons, tadpoles, snakes and one stinky dead deer ! Oh ya, and one naked doll !

Nothing finer than hanging out with good friends surrounded by old cars and trucks. We all stuck together and helped each other get what they needed.

Dana was there before so he was our tour guide. I don't know if he bought anything but he help locate the cars.

Chuck Sr. was the guy who lucked out big time finding trim he has needed for the last 10 years. He found what he required plus some things for spare parts. Chuck Jr found a couple treasures as well.

Jacob did some dealing on Friday and lugged home some neat finds.
He says it was lucky he lived so far away or much more would have followed him home. He scored on some chrome trim rings and did some climbing to get them with my imported Canadian made screwdriver.

I didn't go looking for anything really but ended up finding some T3 head lights, some trim pieces and that doll found face first in the mud. I used Dana's screwdriver to get the lights off. He left early so I got mine out for the second trip in.

Friday I ended up buying a rear door glass for the 59-64 Superior coaches.
I wasn't sure if it would fit my 62 MM or not but bought it as I couldn't just leave it there. Attila told me it wouldn't fit the MM's after I left the yard.
Oh well, someone will require one at some point.

It was an adventure I soon will not forget ! Unreal that all those cars have sat and rotted away. Neat that there were hard to come across parts that were in need.

Lucky we all had boots as some spots were muddy, wet and messy.
Chuck had no problem walking through the huge puddles !
After a long day walking we all were tired making our way out of there.

It did chill down in the evening and we had a nice dinner and chatted up a storm in the Synder's hotel room for hours after dinner.

After meeting for Breakfast, the two Chucks headed home and Jacob and I returned for parts it was too late to get Thursday evening.

I left and Jacob did more searching and buying.

On the way home I stopped at a few antique shops, hobby shops and acquired more finds. Had a blast and finally made it home Friday about 11pm.

It was a perfect 3 days and well worth the effort to make it happen.

Thanks to Attila for the invite ! Thanks to Dana, Chuck, Chuck and Jacob for the great friendships and fun times.

All I can say is that was.... TIME WELL SPENT !!!

Thanks guys,
Darren

Attachments

• ny cars 1.jpg
    ny cars 1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 306
  • ny chuck getting trim.jpg
    ny chuck getting trim.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 297
  • ny Jacob removing trim rings.jpg
    ny Jacob removing trim rings.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 290
  • ny Jacob.jpg
    ny Jacob.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 300
  • ny frog.jpg
    ny frog.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
I bought the ugly doll for a Halloween prop and carried it into the building to buy it. The look on the owners face was priceless when it came to pricing the items. Being razzed by the other guys didn't help and there was no way I could have called it a "ACTION FIGURE" ! He was just shaking his head and saying he didn't want to know why I had that in my pile of parts.

It will make a great Halloween prop and a conversation piece for future gatherings.

We came across some cool old bus's, old tractors and even some wooden spoke wheel cars. There are likely about 40 Divco milk trucks in there too.

Enjoy
Darren

Attachments

• ny chuck in puddle.jpg
    ny chuck in puddle.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 300
  • ny lost kid.jpg
    ny lost kid.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 287
  • ny map.jpg
    ny map.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 298
  • ny wooden spoke rim car.jpg
    ny wooden spoke rim car.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 289
Darren and crew,I am so jealous,that looked like such a blast,maybe next time,now I am decluttering preparing to sell my house and move,have been declared totally disabled due to loss of use of hands,but upbeat cause it just takes longer to do things,Darren and Mike Boyer found something for each of you,till we meet keep up the searches,

Darren and Dana have already expressed interest in a return trip and I still need a few parts there. Late Fall after foliage dies out sounds good to me!

Very glad hearing everyone enjoyed themselves.

I would say Fall after the leaves fall off the trees would be best.

In another week with all the trees blooming so fast right now I bet you won't even see the cars or be able to get very close to them.

The bugs will be out soon too.

Darren

I figured that someone would post the picture of me walking through the huge puddle... I figured it was inevitable! Thanks Darren! Love you bud! ;) :rolleyes:

I have to say that at that point in the trip, it was about 4:45 in the afternoon. We had been traipsing around in the yard for almost 7 hours at that point. By that time, I was tired, already completely soaked from the knees down and walking through the puddle was the shortest path to the office! It was 'THAT' time... It was time to get dry shoes on, get cleaned up and get something to eat! I love my old cars, but I was just really ready to be done for the day! :p

Speaking for dad and I... I know for sure that I had a great time! I know for sure that dad got more than he was expecting and I know that the price that Pat gave him for the parts was an awesome deal! Personally, I would be in for another trip just to look at everything again and I am sure that dad would be interested too! I did not go with the intent to purchase anything (only to help dad), but I did end up buying a brick, so maybe next trip I could find something else to bring home!

Attila... I was very disappointed that you could not make it this trip, but I totally understand why. I would love to be able to spend a day or two with you in the fall checking out the parts of this yard that we didn't get a chance to see this trip! With a one day window, dad and I were able to get the parts that he needed, but I know that we didn't see the 'whole' yard. There were at least 2 (maybe 3) pro cars that we missed (not to mention all the other cool vehicles that we missed)! Share the dates and we will see what we can arrange!

Thank you Attila for the invite and for the directions around the yard!
We couldn't have done it without you!

Thanks for posting these pics guys.I would have loved to have been there with all of you,but having had back operation 17 weeks ago i thought that i probably should sit this one out.Amazed to see Frontier's 59 pontiac there.That car was retired in the early 70's.That 62 caddy belonged to mercy hospital in buffalo.

The gentleman who owns that yard must have had a soft spot for pro cars and firetrucks. Is it OK to copy those pics,or is it possible for them to be sent to me by PM or E-mail.Attila,I thought that rig looked familiar.Thanks again for all your hard work.

Denny

You can copy my photos. Anyone else for that matter.

Wishing you a quick recovery !!! Back troubles are NFG !
I have them too.

With a recent surgery, there was way to much walking, climbing, bending,
sliding, squeezing, jumping, etc to get around those trees, mud, branches, etc.

It is likely better you didn't make that trip.

If all goes well when the leaves have fallen in the fall, there may be another trip to the same yard.

You should be healed up and ready to go !

Take it easy,
Darren

Back