1941 Packard Landaulet

I feel awkward even asking, but I'm curious to know. After Mike Burkhart passed away a couple years ago, what happened to his '41 Packard? I'm assuming his family has kept it, but as one of my favorite professional cars ever, I think about it often. Talking to a fellow enthusiast earlier today about hearses actually prompted this question. I'd like to think the family keeps it along with his other treasured cars as a keepsake, but if not, maybe a equally loving caretaker acquired it. I'd also love to say that person would be me, but I'm sure it's well out of my league. Anyway, I thought maybe someone here would know, and maybe one day, I'll actually get to see the beauty in person.

That often is a mystery. With members scattered out. Some are the only member in the reagon. If you are close to the family you may have some in site to there thinking but most collections end up being sold for little or nothing. When the persons that was collecting passes. Even the major charities that ask you to donate you car just sell them on the spot for what they bring now. But if one was interested in one of them a note to the last address might uncover the car.

Adam,
I would just drop a letter addressed to the funeral home. Based on your post here, I would say that you would have no issue in wording it tactfully. They are in the industry and will not be offended by your inquiry.

Back