1961 Chrysler Richard Brothers New Yorker Ambulance

Kurt, i seen you name come up the other day and was wondering if you still had that car. Cool car with lots of potential i just dont need another big project. im trying to thin down on my fleet of cars. But it has always been eating on me i just looked at the pics of it last week you sent me a year or so ago.

'61 Richard Brothers New Yorker Ambulance

I failed to mention that I am asking $2500 for the '61 N/Y ambulance. I would post photos, but I am new to this and don't know how to attach photos to my post. If you are interested, e-mail me and I will respond with photos.
Kurt

I am in search of a new owner for my 1961 Chrysler New Yorker Richard Brothers hardtop ambulance. This is a project car, but very deserving of a full restoration. I can forward as many photos as you need, if interested.
Kurt

'61 Riichard Brothers New Yorker

Ed,
Just p.m. me and let me know what you have in mind. I would possibly consider a trade.
Kurt

'61 Richards Bros. New Yorker Ambulance

I know that we don't have a lot of Mopar folks on here, but I still have this one available. Everything that appears missing in the photos is included and then some. Comes with a load of extra parts. Better L/R bumper end, spare doors, etc. Would be an extremely fun ride with it being a hardtop ambulance. Will consider trades. Motor turns freely and I have a good title. This one was always an ambulance and was not a combo. Missing the 4 original fiberglass tunnel lights.

I really hope Kurt finds a home for this rare car, and I applaud him for rescuing it and keeping it for the right owner. IMHO, it's not that far gone at all. (Funny, mine came with the much later road wheels like yours has, that the previous owner of mine had installed.) Some of the things these have going for it it that many of the parts and common 4-dr hardtop and Town & Country/Suburban (wagon) parts, and none of that commercial-chassis stuff! There's an excellent network of club support, particularly in the Forward Look message board, and even the excellent folks at the Chrysler 300 clubs. Some restoration/repro parts are a available, mainly from small vendors, but more than you might imagine, and some parts span several years, but some parts are definitely hard to find. The roof and rear door are the only "different" sheetmetal pieces. Glass (except the rear) is standard. Fits most garages. There was a long and short wheelbase wagon this year, and this NYer would be long, as opposed to my Windsor, which is short. Thus the bumper, fenders, and hood are different between the two. Weird quirks like that, but, I think the '60 (first year of the unibody in Chrysler) and the chicken-wing '61 are beautiful. BTW, they share the same taillight lenses, which are wagon only. The tunnel lights and beacon (like everything else) was an option, and I am making slow progress as time allows to reproduce a few sets of the tunnel-light housings.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Kurt, Great news, I hope your streak of luck comes our direction. Commision available if you can put a buyer onto a certain 1965.

Back