Micro Meet Question

Pardon my ignorance as I am new. What happens at a micro meet? Is this just a board meeting or is it open to everyone?

The Micro Meet is just a mid-winter get together where people bring scale models instead of the real thing. It is open to all PCS members and, I would imagine, prospective members. If you want to check out the club I don't think anyone would have a problem with you stopping by. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong...)

that's right. guest are always welcome at any event. participation in the show would be for members. the board meeting is a open one. all members can attend and take part, they just can't vote

This is a very good question to ask...

I am a LONG time (1994?) member of the PCS, but this (the 7th annual) will be my first Micro Meet to attend.

I am really looking forward to attending this year and I am looking forward to being able to see a lot of friends that I usually don't get to see but once a year at the international meets.

Yes, the main purpose is to get everyone together for a mid year director's meeting, but the next best reason is to get everyone together... period! The more we can congregate... the better!

I will not have a model car to show, but I WILL be there!

Rich, I would love to meet you there!

If you don't bring a car, then please bring a bunch of Tri State calanders...

I was hanging out with a few of my best friends tonight.
None of them have a procar or will ever get one.

One guy picks up the calendar I just got from Charles and flips through it.
He sees my car and gets excited and points it out.

After he finished looking at it another guy picks it up and looks through it.
He liked Tom's flower car and asked a few questions about it.

Then he asks me if I can get him a calendar. I said I will be going to a meet in MI in a few weeks and will pick him up a copy. Then the other guys says "I want one too !"

I thought that was pretty cool that these two guys wanted a calendar each !

One guy drops 10.00 on the table and says "Make sure you bring me one back".

Charles ! I need two more calendars please !!!
See you in Flint.

Darren

Yes, I will be able to attend Flint this year and I am looking forward to seeing everyone. And yes, there will be a box of calendars coming with me. Hopefully, there won't be any coming home with me after the meet. :thumb:

No Car No Worries

I don't take a car, but as a board member I am there for the meeting. BUT the whole weekend is worth it. Bear in mind it is cold there but a weekend away from home is a nice change of scenery. The host hotel is a nice one and attending the meet is as much fun as having a micro car. The models are great, the food is great, the company is great. We are really looking forward to it this year.

I don't take a car, but as a board member I am there for the meeting. BUT the whole weekend is worth it. Bear in mind it is cold there but a weekend away from home is a nice change of scenery. The host hotel is a nice one and attending the meet is as much fun as having a micro car. The models are great, the food is great, the company is great. We are really looking forward to it this year.

What he said!:thumbsup:

Today I dusted off the Johan Hearse model I built when I was about 11 years old. It has been sitting on the same shelf for over 30 years !

I have attended the micro meet for many years without a model but this year I will have one with me.

After I got the dust washed off... I was impressed with how well I made that car in the 70's !

Can't wait to see everyone !
Darren

Back