'59 Superior 3-way: part out or restore?

If owning this '59, you would:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it would depend on weather or not you wanted it. it's that simple. jacking the roof back up is easy enough but finding the molding and that quarter glass is not. how ever ever there is some one looking for that other quarter glass and the rear bumper and the rest of the parts. properly done this car could be salvaged for enough money to buy you one. so from what we can see this one is toast without a good donor car. as you don't know the condition of the rest of the car or the engine and running gear. you really can't say. but he back corner is repairable in a number of ways. me i would junk it and use the money to fix my other 4 cars. but that's me.

Two interesting updates.

I have located a few Superior limo-style donors and have been in consistent contact with owner of this '59 while he determines the best fit (monetary, distance, level of completeness, etc). Then a fresh thought occurred; an option I didn't think to include on the original poll.

If someone is going to put the effort into restoring, how could model value be maximized..?

By turning this 3-way into a Crown, utilizing everything including C pillars back.

Found a rotted '59 Crown Royale Landaulet to make this a viable option.

Second update? Owner is very close to updating his collection with an original '59 Superior in extremely nice shape - a coach he's been trying to buy for 20 years. Knowing details, my gut says this comes down to when, not if. The moment that coach is retrieved, he'd let this one go. :thumb:

If (say for example) a curved-dash Olds or a Tucker 48 were to be found in this condition,there'd be no debate at all about what to do.I would hope that someone to whom price was no object might take an interest in this car.The chances of that person being me are unfortunately exactly equal to my chances of winning the lottery.I do,however,expect an e-mail from Nigeria within the hour.:wowguy:

WOW, This is a toughie. If it were mine, alas, the damage is just way over my skill level and pocket book. When a trusted friend like Ed Renstrom says to junk it, you really have to think hard. Sorry, to me, sadly, its a parts car. :cry:

Even thought there are few cars prettier than a '59 Superior, this one looks like a part-out to me. Now if it was a '59 Eureka..... welllll.........

Back