Prewar WHAT???

That was my response when I first heard of this two night ago. Pictures arrived today.

pack5h.jpg

Well well well - it is a Packard.

pack5g.jpg

My jaw hit the deck right about now as well.

pack5d.jpg

Looks like a '37 Miller!!!

pack5f.jpg

Still downloading dozens more (mainly) detail shots. Doesn't appear complete so far but am told that it is. Hoping items removed are in upcoming pictures yet. There is no rot. Original straight 8, transmission, and all linkages are still hooked up. Those wire wheels don't look correct.

Yes, the owner wants to sell. No, I don't have a price yet. He's looking for an offer. I won't even ballpark figures until seeing more. But I will say that this is going to be the most reasonable carved coach offered in the last decade. Bet me.

Paul could we have the 4 image per post restriction lifted?

This side or that side of the border? I'm guessing that side.

Looks like there is some other interesting vehicles sharing space with this incredible find.

That, my friends is a Miller-Packard Art Carved Model. It's obviously on a Packatd One-Twenty commercial chasss but, from the views available, it's difficult to identify the year. Note the details of the body side carvings. A. J. Miller all te way.

Correct Keith. I matched these hood sides to the '37 Packard on page 155 in the MM book. Person sending pics had no clue. Obviously not a '38, given Packard's exclusivity with Henney (nor is it the one town car made) - but it can also be a '36.

Joe, I don't have the exact location yet.

Paul could we have the 4 image per post restriction lifted?

I think that it is 5 images per post, but you can keep adding them by posting a reply to the original thread. The software limits pictures because some people are still on dial up and it takes too long for the post to load if there are too many pictures. The only way to do this would be to go back to thumbnail pictures, but that is too clumbsy...

That car

That car deserves to be saved. It will take a lot to do it. But what a car it could be again.

Attila, you're right...it's not a 1938. It's obviously on a 1935, 1936 or 1937 Packard One-Twenty commercial chassis and is definately an A.J. Miller Art Carved model. It would be interesting to know some history for this car - where it came from body number, etc. If you can get a readable photo of the Packard serial plate, we'll at least be able to figure what year it is. If there's a Miller serial plate it may also give us some useful data. I certainly hope someone in the PCS buys it and gives it a proper restoration. Surviving examples of these Miller Art models are few and far between and best of all.......it's a Packard!

I'm Interested

Atilla, I'M INTERESTED! I have restored worse than that. My 41 Henny-Packard was a true basket case, and now it's like new. It is on the cover of PCS Issue #34 in 1984.

Call me at (620) 225-5353. I would like to save it!

The software limits pictures because some people are still on dial up and it takes too long for the post to load if there are too many pictures.

The bad thing is I cannot see any of his pics (or most other peoples) because my computer is too slow to load them, crappy dialup anyway.

Back