Lifeliner to the rescue....FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys I FINALLY got my wish and was able to re-activate the Lifeliner yesterday for a rescue. That's right, a rescue. I was taking the Lifeliner to my paint guy for some touch-ups and low and behold I stumbled upon a emergency situation requiring me to activate lights and stop traffic. There in the middle of the road was a turtle attempting to cross and I just could not let him get squashed.
I'll take what I can get. :D

I saw the headlines on MSN this morning. Fl man saves common box turtle. snarls traffic for hours delaying morning commute for thousands. :rolleyes:

Your a good boy scout. Now you have to sew on your merit badge. Your mom did teach you how to sew didn't she? If not, then learn to sew, and you can earn another merit badge. :D

1) Baby steps taken, felt good!
2) Turtle is fine and enjoying the good life. Didn't get a Thank you though from him.
3) MSN is not a news broadcaster to be trusted.
4) I can sew.

1) Baby steps taken, felt good!
2) Turtle is fine and enjoying the good life. Didn't get a Thank you though from him.
3) MSN is not a news broadcaster to be trusted.
4) I can sew.

I assume you know how to determine the sex of turtles.. :confused:

OK, let's get our minds.....er........turtles out of the gutter!

Congratulations on your heroic, lifesaving rescue, Mr. Vyse. At great risk to life and classic ambulance, you saved the turtle from being squashed by a tractor-trailer. The Humane Society should be giving you an award. :D

(I hope you wore your green safety vest with breakaway straps and contrasting reflective material so as not to be in violation of Federal law while operating in a roadway! Yes, it's a real law!)

OK, let's get our minds.....er........turtles out of the gutter!

Congratulations on your heroic, lifesaving rescue, Mr. Vyse. At great risk to life and classic ambulance, you saved the turtle from being squashed by a tractor-trailer. The Humane Society should be giving you an award. :D

(I hope you wore your green safety vest with breakaway straps and contrasting reflective material so as not to be in violation of Federal law while operating in a roadway! Yes, it's a real law!)

What are the breakaway straps for? Is that so when you are struck by the truck, the vest isn't damaged???? :confused:

Paul came clean and says my similarites to a turtle is "I'm slow". Some people are so rude and must have something to do with wheel chocks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjddJJCm2s[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back