Romans 1960 M-M Ambulance

no title out of calf could be a problem. or did they quit doing pink slips on older stuff to.

Should have a pink slip or the new ones are green ,could be a easy task to get one or can turn into a real pile of crap fast.

Calif Title

Getting a title in Calif is not a problem...DMV will "build a title"..Just have to fill out a "Statement of Facts"
pay the fees.....and the hardest part is,you have to bring the the vehicle into DMV for a VIN authentication..or you can have CHP,local police/sheriff sign the DMV paperwork.....but they seem to frown upon this and always say "go to DMV"....so either way you wind up at DMV....
I just went through this with the first 70 Superior last year and only a month ago with a 51 Split Window Beetle

Getting a title in Calif is not a problem...DMV will "build a title"..Just have to fill out a "Statement of Facts"
pay the fees.....and the hardest part is,you have to bring the the vehicle into DMV for a VIN authentication..or you can have CHP,local police/sheriff sign the DMV paperwork.....but they seem to frown upon this and always say "go to DMV"....so either way you wind up at DMV....
I just went through this with the first 70 Superior last year and only a month ago with a 51 Split Window Beetle

You can also hire some of the outside company,s that can vin verify and do all the paperwork ,they usually charge 40-100 bucks but they are usually hooked up with the local DMV and can make things happen easier. The other thing you can do is just apply for a lost title ,if you know the vehicle is not stolen ,borrowed etc it is a easy route.

There is an easier way to get a VIN verified in California. I have a vehicle in my garage without an engine, so taking it to the DMV presents an obvious challenge. I found that police officers (even friends) were reluctant to get involved. So, I contacted one of those businesses that offers to do your DMV paperwork for you. They referred me to a woman who is a DMV-authorized VIN certifier. I made an appointment, she showed up, ten minutes and $30.00 later, I had filled-out paperwork, went to the DMV- done. This was for a car from out of state. It couldn't have been easier. Call your local junkyard/towing companies if you do not have an "alternate DMV" type business nearby. They all need the services of one of these type people when they go to do a lien sale of a towed/stored vehicle. She said that they were her main source of business.

There is an easier way to get a VIN verified in California. I have a vehicle in my garage without an engine, so taking it to the DMV presents an obvious challenge. I found that police officers (even friends) were reluctant to get involved. So, I contacted one of those businesses that offers to do your DMV paperwork for you. They referred me to a woman who is a DMV-authorized VIN certifier. I made an appointment, she showed up, ten minutes and $30.00 later, I had filled-out paperwork, went to the DMV- done. This was for a car from out of state. It couldn't have been easier. Call your local junkyard/towing companies if you do not have an "alternate DMV" type business nearby. They all need the services of one of these type people when they go to do a lien sale of a towed/stored vehicle. She said that they were her main source of business.

John,your correct that is another way to do it.....HOWEVER one has to be very careful with fraud....and there is a TON of it out there...AAA used to offer that same service and has now ceased..since there was so much fraud using their computers/paperwork....as a matter of fact they just busted a ring of "Russians"(the newspapers term,not mine) in your area (Santa Rosa) for selling documents for autos to be exported...:cool:
Also DMV does NOT require that the engine be in the vehicle or even if the vehicle runs..they just want to see the numbers.....you can trailer it in in parts if you want.:thumbsup:

I just hope its next owner keeps it the original color(yellow). It would be a shame to see this one changed to red.

I just hope its next owner keeps it the original color(yellow). It would be a shame to see this one changed to red.

The original colors were white, gold, and yellow - I wish I could find a photo of it in that scheme! It had been repainted by the time I bought it in 1980.

When you get this message, it usually means that eBay has pulled the auction. If the seller cancels the auction, the original auction stays, and there is a note that says that the seller "no longer is offering the item for sale".

I would assume that it was pulled due to the fact that it was listed under some "automotive advertising" category rather than "cars for sale", as it should have been.

60 cad

old Foothill Ambulance rig. It's a pile, so hope you have $30,000.00 to spend to rebuild it? I'd put in a 350 and turbo 400 and dump the 365! and get a larger in girth drive line. them you can take it anywhere:argueing:

old Foothill Ambulance rig. It's a pile, so hope you have $30,000.00 to spend to rebuild it? I'd put in a 350 and turbo 400 and dump the 365! and get a larger in girth drive line. them you can take it anywhere:argueing:

365?? That would be a 390. That car deserves to have $30,000 spent on it. That would actually be a good investment, if done correctly and kept original! If you couldn't afford to put $30,000 in it, you probably shouldn't own it.

Back