if anyones knows the future of....

Dana Bennett

PCS Life Member
Hi Everyone!

John Ehmers 1976 Buick EstateWagon Hearse was just sold at the Copart auction in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. IF anyone sees this car in the future or knows where it may be going or what will happed to it I would be SO appreciative if someone would let me know!!! I have talked to CW Coach a few times regarding this car in the past couple days. Yes, Carl was bidding on it, NO, unfortunately he did not buy it as he was outbid. Basically I am asking because of the 36 built (according to numbers in the Superior book) this is one of 5 that I know of. (yes, I DO have 2 of them but they need work). I am thinking this most likely has been bought by a derby driver, I know it is THEIR car and they can do with it as they please but think it would be a shame to happen to THIS car as it was repairable and looked to be very solid!! So, PLEASE, if anyone knows about this car or sees it in the future let me know huh??!! These cars are craftsmanship at it's finest sometimes and I like them all!!! (I do have pictures from the CoPart site but can not post, I'll send them to anyone who would??!)

and on a side note, I hesitate to ad this but it really bothered me and I would at least like to publicly say my peace and stand up for myself and any others of us who enjoy this HOBBY but sometimes may be misunderstood. I do not want to start any problems and wish to take this no further.

Apparently before I called Carl at CW Coach someone else among our members alerted him about me and basically slightly trash talked me. That kind of bothers me as no one here really knows me personally. Although I REALLY hope to be at next years meet in Ohio!!!! So, maybe then people can get to know me a little!!!

Yes, I may be overly enthusiastic about this particular type of car, but to ME I really like the lines especially with the clamshell tailgate!! We ALL have our own favorites and while I like MANY cars this one is one of MY favorites!! So if I seem a little overly enthusiastic whats wrong with that??

Also they mentioned about me talking about these cars but never coming up with the cash.
Well, basically I was taught that you pay for the things you NEED before buying the things you WANT and that you do not buy something unless you can pay for it in full.
I am sure I am like MANY of the people here, I have bigger dreams than my bank account, there is nothing wrong with that. I may want to buy things as cheaply as I can but thats because I do not HAVE the money and have to be frugal. As most of you know I have been out of work as a truck driver for over a year, what you don't know is that I have been working at my local Walmart unloading trucks 4PM to 1AM because "it's a job"!!!! and although I made much more on unemployment than working here for 40 hours a week I am at least EARNING what I am getting.

Anyways, I'm here, I'm a member of this club (Lifetime) and I'm a decent person!!

Thanks all!! Hope you didn't mind me being open!!
Dana Bennett.
Forestville,NY

Hang on, Dana. I have gone down the unemployment/unloading trucks road too, and know it is not a pleasant journey. One day, while unloading conduit pipe, my co-worker swung around with a load of pipe on his shoulder and nailed me in the noggin. Sent me flyin', I can tell you. Be careful out there. Best wishes. Jim

Back