Future Ambulance

Well, the PCS is all about the history of ambulances and hearses. But in the May, 2010, issue of Popular Science, they had their idea of what the future of the ambulance looks like.

This is someone's idea of a futuristic ambulance, featuring indestructible tires (great for when you hit the curb making a right turn), autonomous drive - driving by GPS (putting half of all EMS personnel out of work - apparently, all the tall ones), and an advanced off-road suspension (great for potholes and apartment complex speedbumps). It even looks like you hit a button and the patient is automatically discharged out the back, kinda like.....well, you can make your own assumptions there, though I've wanted to do that to a drunk or two.
:wowguy:
You think the future of hearses looks bad? I guess I'll be retired by the time this comes about, probably just as well. Except then, I'll be the old, bald guy riding on the cot, discharged out the back kinda like....

Attachments

• FutureAmbPopSci 05-2010.jpg
    FutureAmbPopSci 05-2010.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6,459
Well, I'm not real impressed by the ambulance, but what I find cool is who's driving. Hey, if you need rushing to the hospital, who better to get you there than Medic Stig!!

:yum:

that new ambulance

Looks like something that should have been seen in Solent Green. If you do not remember the movie you are one of the youngsters on here.
Mike

kin of had to do mouth to mouth with that helmet on but then it most likely moves so fast you would be there between breaths. so we go back to speed as a first line of defense

Back