cleaning/polishing FH nameplates

I was at a graveside service the other day, and was looking at our FH nameplates in the windows of the coach...they look terrible. I'd be willing to bet that they're 40+ years old and need to be buffed or polished, or something. Any thoughts on what I should do to give them a "spiff-up"? It looks like there used to be black paint around the sides of the letters, but most of it is gone.

first take them off ad run them threw a cycle in the dish washer. then lay them flat face down and spray paint the back and sides back black. when it's dry use a old wash rag and a metal polish and shine then back up. they will clean up nicely.

Thanks for the dishwasher advice, I would have never thought of that. The issue now is that we have 9 funeral homes and multiple sets of nameplates for each, so I'm going to get my porter to start doing the clean up...it'll take awhile.

Names Unlimited

You may have read posts regarding Names Unlimited, a company that makes the window nameplates and is endorsed by many PCS members. I have always had excellent results from Names Unlimited.

A few years ago, we changed the name of one of our 3 funeral homes, so I called Tom at Names Unlimited to order a new set of nameplates. While I had him on the phone, I inquired what it would cost to refurbish an older set (from one of our other locations.) Like yours, this set was looking rather shabby from age.

Tom was more than happy to refurbish that set. All I had to do was ship them to him. The refurbishing and return shipment was done at no charge since I had ordered the new set of nameplates. When the old set came back, I couldn't believe just how much like new they were again!

I would highly recommend contacting Tom for any nameplate needs.

Back