A couple more Embalming Fluid Bottles

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
I stopped by the Queensville Antique market today and found two more old glass Embalming Fluid bottles.

I have found 3 in the past at this same location. All on different days.

Today I found 2 in different booths.

One was a DODGE CHEMICAL CO. CANADA LTD. TORONTO
( Research - Art - Progress - Science ) and the other is a GIBBS-ALLCA.

I bought them both.

I saw this plastic and metal fire truck on the floor. It looked like it was missing some parts but it did have the fire hydrant that you attach to a garden hose. It was priced at 25.00

No interest to me.

Darren

Attachments

• bottle 2.jpg
    bottle 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • bottle 1.jpg
    bottle 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • fire truck.jpg
    fire truck.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 960
When we get to Chatham we will have to take Mike Boyer out and show him how to get down and dirty at a flea market or antique shop.

Nice Darren! Keep that run up. :thumb:

Embalming bottles display so nicely...

dsc02394b.jpg

Plastic, with plastic cap also! But the shape of the bottle depends of the trademark I think Champion still exists but never worked with

The two Champion bottles most probably are the oldest followed by the DeCeCo cavity and the Permaglo. Notice the labels on those bottles compared to the labels on the other Dodge bottles. All fluid came in glass bottles until the early 70's, maybe 71, 72. I know that Dodge used plastic caps and Champion had metel caps. Champion had a distinctive shape and that brown color. All others were clear. Embalmers Supply used to have bottles that were shaped like the head blocks. They were perfect for arm positioning. They retained that shape when they went to clear plastic but later abandoned both the shape and clear plastic due to the expense. I believe that Champion uses clear bottles now but I'm not sure as I never cared for or used their fluid. They are in business still but only do telemarketing and have no salesmen that travel. With the exception of the DeCeCo cavity and the Champion fluids, I have used all the above fluid at one time or another. If they are antiques, so am I. :657:

Back