1965 Superior Pontiac military ambulance

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I bought this car about two months ago, can't get it moved and I am losing interest. I have never seen in person, or touched this ambulance. It needs restoring, but supposedly the only rust is in the front floor. The body looks solid. It is said to have a valve tap, lifters? But, it supposedly runs, drives, steers and stops. It was always a Ca car, but now has a clear NJ title, I think it may have been USAF, not sure. Mileage shows 51,000, may be original. I have a number of pictures that I can email, if interested. Asking $1500. Please pm, or call 201 954 3159.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 424
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 423
You should be able to get moved for about 1200.00

The original quote was $1114, but no response, we pushed it up little by little to $1300 to the trucker and nothing. Who knows, next week, somebody may do it for less. I just lost a little interest, after two months.

I will probably list this ambulance on ebay tomorrow, if nobody here is interested. It really isn't a lot of money for a running ambulance, is it?

Those brokers are notorious for quoting a dollar amount and then not being able to get anyone to pick it up. I think that they just throw out a number to get you to commit to using them........ a lot like every real estate agent who will agree to list your property for any amount and then want you to lower your price 2 weeks into the listing!

65 Superior

Bill,
Have you tried UShip http://www.uship.com/ ??
I have used them 3 times in the past twice for cars and once for a SS Motor and Chevelle hood...the bidding seems to work out pretty good since you get the small guy who may be running back empty and wants some type of load...worth checking out in my opinion.:thumbsup:

Those brokers are notorious for quoting a dollar amount and then not being able to get anyone to pick it up. I think that they just throw out a number to get you to commit to using them........ a lot like every real estate agent who will agree to list your property for any amount and then want you to lower your price 2 weeks into the listing!

You may be correct in most cases, but I have used this particular broker, 4 Corners out of the state of Washington, for three, or four years, with great success. For some reason, they just couldn't get this one picked up. I would also tell you that 4 Corners charges a $149 broker fee, only when a transport is locked in. In addition, this is the first time they couldn't get a car, or truck, or professional car moved for the quoted price.

As they always say, everything happens for a reason.

You may be correct in most cases, but I have used this particular broker, 4 Corners out of the state of Washington, for three, or four years, with great success. For some reason, they just couldn't get this one picked up. I would also tell you that 4 Corners charges a $149 broker fee, only when a transport is locked in. In addition, this is the first time they couldn't get a car, or truck, or professional car moved for the quoted price.

As they always say, everything happens for a reason.

second Remember Bill the same problem with picking the 92 were it was located.

Shipping

I deal with First Choice Transport in Indiana. They have transported dozens of Ambulances for me. Reliable and reasonable. 1-888-262-3010.

Back