Q2B mounting question.....

James Fischer

PCS Member
Had a question posed to me this morning about the Q2 that will be installed this week-end......

"Is there supposed to be a gasket between the siren mount and the roof ??"
similer to the mount on the CP 25's ?? (rubber)

I dont recall seeing one....but then again I never really paid that much attention.....

Thank you....

Had a question posed to me this morning about the Q2 that will be installed this week-end......

I dont recall seeing one....but then again I never really paid that much attention.....

Thank you....

I did not use a gasket when mounting my "Q" mainly because I was not able to find one and did not want to make one. I used a good bit of clear silicone which seemed to work just fine.

Thank you....

I think I answered my own question...I was able to locate the mounting instructions from Federals website....it only calls for 2 GROMMETS.....
and then the hardware......

Grounding

I recall running a 3 gauge wire to the Q. The mounting without gaskets allows the unit to ground itself. Don't forget the fuse!
My first Q worked by grounding it via a button on the floor. The Q had power all the time but only grounded by said button. I'm sure you'll hear from more experienced characters than myself.
GOOD LUCK
KEV

Q2b

Thanks Kevin for the information....
:)
I am hoping that we wont have to run a new wire and fuse/relay..there already is a Fed 66 that will be replaced......

Same goes for the grounding part...its going on a Superior.....so I am hoping the grounding part is already there.....

By the way...how is your "project coming along.... ?? Havent heard much lately....

Thanks again,
Jim

Back