1970 chevrolet ambulance - $900 (Grand Junction, CO)

any Ida as to the builder? that married raised roof I don't believe I have ever seen. the lights don't look right for a Challenger.

I remember years ago seeing similar lights built on an older suburban,they had the red headlight type lights and had used old tachograph casings for the base of the lights,truly home made they were.

I do have a set of housing and lights of this size. they take a 7 inch sealed beam. basically a big red headlight. all the pictures of Challengers have the taillights set in them. but thats a easy swap. looking at them they way this one has the top seamless into the body I'm guessing it has to be on of there's.

here is e front view of it. what ever it is, it looks to be a low budget rig.

Attachments

• 1970 chevy ambulance.JPG
    1970 chevy ambulance.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 103
FYI, if interested in restoring, I know the front grill isn't cheap, if you want it to say "Chevrolet" on it. There are reproductions available, but last time I checked they don't have the letters stamped in them. 69-70 only grill. Thankfully the one I have on my pickup is in pretty nice shape. Last NOS in the box grill I saw for sale was almost as much as this whole truck is selling for.

Back