71 Superior 54" weight & height?

does anyone have the dimensions available for a 1971 Superior 54" Ambulance? I am looking into shipping and could use some specs if anyone might have them or have something close. I figure width is about 83" and length about 255" but i am completely clueless about the height & weight. im thinking somewhere between 6500# and 8500#. if anyone has ever weighed their ambulance could you please post here or email me? thank you so much!

Weight of 1971 superior

My 1970 superior 51" rescuer is listed at 5,800 pounds by nys dmv. most of the gm bodied professional cars are all in the 6,000 pound range. is there no weight listed on the original paperwork? is there any one out there with a 71 superior that could help out with this? as to height, most rigs need an 8' clearence with
the roof beacon.hope this helps

shipping

My 54 xl at shipping was just over 7000lb, 22 ft long and needed the 8 ft clearance. The weight and height would not allow it to ship on a standard auto transporter and was shipped by covered flat bed. Hope this helps.

1971 Superior

Are you buying the one from Alaska? I highly recommend removing the lights and anything else on the roof before shipping. My last one the driver decided to remove the beacon with a crowbar...which I didn't notice until after he left. (I saw he'd removed it but not how until after the damage form was signed.)

According to the 1971 Superor ambulance brochure, the 54 ambulance measured 79" in height - without any optional roof lights of any kind such as a Beacon Ray - was 253.1" in overall length with a wheelbase of 157.5". No weights were cited. Sorry about that.

Just came across some Superior dealer material for 1973 - essentailly similar to 1971 - which lists weights for the 42" Cadillac ambulance at 6630 lbs, the Cadillac 51" at 6640 lbs and the 54" Cadillac at 6940 lbs. I hope that this is some help. Pontiac ambulance weights are also listed.

I weighed my '72 Superior shortly after purchase at a state weigh station: 6800lb with 3/4 tanks gas and some equipment in the cabinets.

Back