'47 Ambulance in Warrenton, MO

a fine example of a parts car. but is it a M or a M. I'm guessing Miller

Ed,
Now why would you say that it was a parts car? I don't see a single rust hole in the photos posted. I have posting photos of numerous cars from the '60s that were far rougher and far more common that you seemed to think were restorable.

read the description. not much 47 left and everything they cut up an discarded on is now gone also.

And all of that missing mechanical stuff can come off of any old '47/'48 Cadillac. The tough part is the coach builder specific stuff, which looks to be mostly there.

the vary reason that makes it a nice parts car. once they have cut up the frame lost the drive train and hacked up who know what else it going to vary hard to restore this one. get it make a rod out of it yes. you could redo the mans work and do that. but to put it back to stock would mean you would have to have a parts car with good running gear and the necessary body parts that haven't been cut into. you got all that you might as will swap the parts off this one onto that one. once you make that first cut and swap, going back to stock is not a option. your missing some stuff you need to do that. the frame is not there under this one any more

Back