Ferno Washington Cot Information

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Can anyone tell me what model is the 2nd cot in this video?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUaliHHOejg&list=UUtvTeHRFHx3SILwkVV_BzYw&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]

Thanks,

that would be the #32 used in low head room cars. mainly the station wagon conversions. standard equipment on the amblewagons.

cots

What is the first year for model 30 cots? If after 1961 what model should I have in my 61 M-M combination?
Mike

one is always safe in the older stuff with the single leavel cot. you see a lot of pictures loading them up into the mid 60s. but I can't say when the multie leavel 30 came out. the 54 was before it though.

Mike Stevens said:
What is the first year for model 30 cots? If after 1961 what model should I have in my 61 M-M combination?
Mike

I've got a copy of an ad somewhere showing where Ferno (before F/W) started production of the Model 30 in about 1959.

Model smodel, if you did not pay attention when you lowered it the old fashioned way, your finger got caught when that pin hit the base and let me assure you what we called the stretcher was unprintable.:cuss::cuss:

some one wants them there.:specool: they just slipped the crutch tips oer the pegs. I see that one does not have the landing pad for them. it may be a earlier design that they have altered . the trelenberg position is not found on a lot of them. these old gurneys sure have a wide price range.

...actually that's not a Trendeleburg feature (although it could kinda be used for that purpose).

It's an early model of the 30 C. The "C" stand for contour. The crank at the feet caused the knee section to raise. The other nice part about it (besides making the pt more comfortable) was that it allowed you to shorten the length of the stretcher by another few inches...often this, and raising the head section and sliding in the bar, allowed the cot to go into some pretty small elevators.

...actually that's not a Trendeleburg feature (although it could kinda be used for that purpose).

It's an early model of the 30 C. The "C" stand for contour. The crank at the feet caused the knee section to raise. The other nice part about it (besides making the pt more comfortable) was that it allowed you to shorten the length of the stretcher by another few inches...often this, and raising the head section and sliding in the bar, allowed the cot to go into some pretty small elevators.

Ah! Very cool.

me I don't buy them over 100 not to hard to find them in that range with a mattress eather.

The best deal I found on ebay was $200, but it was really rough and none of the bells and whistles. Where should we look for better deals? I always want my price to be very competitive, but it has to be really clean condition for my customer.

like in everything you just keep looking. shipping for me is the part most sellers can't or won't do. you ask them to put it on the bus and they flat refuse to. even if your willing to pay them for there time. you get one for 100 they ship on the bus for 100 you give them 25 to 50 bucks to package and deliver. man ends up with around 250 in a old gurney. if it all there thats not to bad. seen them go for a lot more, passed on them to. still have two to many getting in the way here. that's all I got in the 54xl I got last. but I had to really talk hard to get the lady to ship it for me. she asked for 35 bucks to take it to the bus. paid it gladly.

Mike

I've got a copy of an ad somewhere showing where Ferno (before F/W) started production of the Model 30 in about 1959.

Finally got around to finding a ad for the Ferno Model 30 All-Level Cot as it was know as at the time dated May 1959.

Attachments

• wi5390.jpg
    wi5390.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 352
Back