67 Superior next project - Fuel system

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Now that the rear heater hoses have been replaced, it is time to move to the next small project.

I was thinking about replacing the fuel line that links the fuel tank to the fuel pump. Currently, the fuel line is connected to the fuel tank via a rubber hose and weaves its way to the fuel pump where it is connected, again with a rubber hose.

The fuel line itself is not currently secured to anything. It just rests on top of the cross members and has worn out rubber hose sleeves where it rubs against something.

Ant tips or tricks that you can offer me before I launch into this next project? Anything else I should consider while doing this?

As always, thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Fuel Line

The fuel line itself is not currently secured to anything. It just rests on top of the cross members and has worn out rubber hose sleeves where it rubs against something

There should be a hard line on most of the frame, and only short pieces off fuel hose at the front and back connecting the tank and fuel pump to the hard line. Has the hard line been bypassed or rusted thru?

change the rubber front and rear. the front may have fittings on it and a flair connection. may not I have seen them both ways. but the rubber will go bad inside and look good on the out. with today's gas you need the new hose that will resist the ETOH they keep sneaking in the fuel. the steel line can be inspected and new grommets place were it passes threw the frame. it should have a set of spring clips that hold it in place. hot sure how superior extended it were they spliced the car but it should be fastened firmly to the heavy iron.

Back